Performing

Troye's POV
I frantically ran around back stage trying to find Zoe, my best friend.

Our school decided to host a charity event on the field by our school to raise money for cancer. They got a stage to put on the field and have different students perform.

Even though I was a little unsure, my music teacher practically begged me to perform. He's always going on about how great my voice is. I mean I know I'm not terrible, but he makes me seem like I'm some type of God.

I finally found Zoe and started shaking her shoulders. "Zo, I can't do it. I can't," I panted.

She took my hands in her own and said, "Troye how many times do I have to tell you that you're an amazing singer who-"

"But Zoe!" I said cutting her off. "Connor's out there! How the fuck am I supposed to perform in front of him?!"

Her eyes widened in realization. Zoe knows how big of a crush I have on Connor. I've liked him forever but I get too nervous to talk to him. I mean he's captain of the basketball team, what would he want with someone like me?

"Ok Troye, you need to listen to me," Zoe said seriously. "First, I want you to stop acting like he's better then you just because he's captain of the basketball team. You're head of the drama club and you're just as popular. Please stop thinking you're less compared to him."

Her pep talk slowly helped build up my confidence so I nodded so she could continue. "Secondly, this could be your chance! You're always to scared to go up to him, but now he's already going to be watching. Knock him off his feet with your amazing voice!" Zoe cheered walking me towards the stage.

I looked at the stage to see my fellow classmates finishing up their song, which meant I was up next. They were actually really good. Their names are Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton and named their band 5sos.
{a/n: sorry I just had to mention them bc I went to their concert yesterday and I'm 5sos af rn}

They finished and left the stage as the crowd cheered. "That was 5sos everybody! Next give it up for Troye Sivan!" The announcer called.

Zoe nodded encouragingly before I was stepping onto the stage.

-----------------------
Third person's POV

Troye took the microphone from the announcer and introduced himself. "Hi, my name is Troye Sivan and I'm going to be singing a song I wrote. It's called happy little pill."

Troye scanned the crowd and saw Connor staring at him with curious eyes. All of Connor's friends were on the basketball team, and none of them ever wanted to see any of the school plays, so Connor has never heard Troye sing. Troye has been in some of his classes though, and Connor couldn't deny that the boy was very attractive.

Troye's nerves started kicking in knowing that his crush was watching him, but he remembered Zoe's pep talk and pulled himself together. He then started to sing and got lost in the music.

In the crowd alone
And every second passing
reminds me I'm not home

Bright lights and city sounds
are ringing like a drone
Unknown, unknown

Connor stared wide eyed at the boy singing on stage. The other people who performed were good, but Troye's voice was breath taking.

Troye looked for Connor again, and found him staring at Troye in amazement. Troye held eye contact as he continued singing.

My happy little pill
Take me away
Dry my eyes
Bring color to my skies

My sweet little pill
Tame my hunger
Light within
Numb my skin

That's what happened for the rest of the song. Connor sat there admiring Troye's voice, while Troye stared at Connor, forgetting there were other people in the audience.

The crowd cheering once he finished seemed to snap Troye out of his daze. He quickly thanked the crowd and exited the stage where Zoe was already waiting for him.

"You did amazing!" Zoe squeezed hugging Troye. She honestly could not be more proud of her best friend.

"Thank you Zoe!" Troye said hugging her back. "I can't believe I performed in front of him! During the song we held eye contact and-"

"Troye!" Zoe said quickly cutting him. "Uh I think someone wants to talk to you," she said smiling at something behind him.

Confused, Troye turned around and his eyes widened when he saw Connor approaching them. He stood frozen as Connor flashed him a toothy grin. "Hi, Troye!"

"H-hey Connor," he stuttered nervously. Zoe gave him a reassuring pat on the back before leaving and letting the two talk alone in private.

"I just wanted to compliment you on your performance," Connor said smiling. "Those lyrics were beautiful! Oh, and don't even get me started on your voice. It's stunning!"

Troye blushed furiously as his crush complimented him. "T-thank you so much! It means a lot."

"No problem," Connor said softly. He then grew slightly nervous and scratched the back of his neck. "I was wondering if maybe you wanted to see a movie or something with me this weekend?" Connor asked hopefully.

Troye stood there in shock trying to figure out if he heard him right. Finally he snapped out of it and replied, "of course! I'd love that."

Connor's grin widened at that and him and Troye exchanged numbers. "I'll see you on Saturday," Troye replied quickly before scurrying off.

He would later have to thank his music teacher for having him perform.