Officer Con (part one)

Connors POV
I sighed as we entered the room full of screaming kids. I told myself to try and get used to it as this would be where I'm spending the next 3 hours of my life.

"Ok Alex go have fun," I said to my son as he ran off towards his group of friends. We were currently at the "six mix" which is a dance the middle school puts on for the 6th graders each year to welcome them and help them get to know each other.

"Hey Connor! Thanks for coming!" The director smiled at me.

"Oh it's no problem!" I said even though I'd rather be home sleeping.

I'm police officer and I'm pretty well known in the town. I go to all the schools and talk about Halloween safety, so all the kids know me. They call me Officer Con.

I attend a lot of these events. I'm very social and I love meeting new people, but after a long day of work I would rather be able to go home.

I started walking around and checking if everything was okay. All the kids were filing in as well as the parents who volunteered to help out.

As I passed the snacks table I decided to take a small break and grab a glass of water. I leaned on the wall and observed the scene in front of me. Music blaring, lights flashing, kids screaming, and parents and teachers trying to keep the rowdy kids under control.

Then that's when he walked in. I don't know who he is, but something about him drew me in. He carried himself well and I couldn't take my eyes off him. I'm usually not like this, especially since I just recently got divorced. I'm not usually so intrigued by just one glance.

"Connor? Hello?" Someone said snapping me out of my daze.

"Huh? Oh hey Andrea," I greeted distracted.

"Were you staring at Troye?" Andrea asked and my head snapped towards her.

"Troye? Is that his name?" I asked hoping she'd tell me more.

"Yeah his name is Troye Mellet. He has a daughter in this grade, her name is Lilly." She said as I tried thinking if I could remember a Lilly.

"I have some good news and bad news. Good news is he is gay," she said and a smile broke out onto my face.

"Bad news is he divorced 5 years ago and has been seeing someone for 2 years," she explained and my smile faulted.

"That's too bad," I sighed as I searched the crowd for the curly haired boy.

"Do you want me to introduce you two?" She asked and started laughing when I nodded my head in a frantic motion.

We maneuvered through the room trying to avoid getting hit by any eleven year olds. Troye quickly came into view and was standing by the station he was assigned to.

"Hey Andrea!" Troye greeted his friend with a smile.

"Hey Troye! Troye I'd like for you to meet Connor," she introduced us and his eyes shifted to me.

His eyes, may I add very pretty blue eyes, lit up in recognition when he saw me. "Oh you're Officer Con! My daughter always talks about you," he said.

"Yeah that's me," I said and Andrea slipped away, not that either of us noticed.

We started light conversations and I found out we have a lot in common. I probably should've been walking around and you know, doing my job, but I was not missing any time I could spend talking to Troye.

We then started talking about more serious topics like our divorce. I'm still in the process of getting a divorce, and since he has done it almost 5 years ago he gave me some tips to help me out.

He could only help me so much, since we both had different situations. My husband I are getting a divorce after I found out he's been having multiple affairs throughout our marriage. Troye's husband became more closed off, started drinking and just wasn't the same man he fell in love with years ago.

He then started talking about Chris, the guy he's been dating for the last 2 years. Of course I wasn't to happy to hear that, but I'm not going to mess up somebody else's relationship.

That doesn't mean I still can't keep in touch with him, so at the end of the night when everyone was getting ready to leave I made sure to friend him on Facebook and give him my number.

I told him I'd update him on everything that's going on in the town, and that he could call me if ever needed something.

"It was so nice meeting you Connor. Hopefully I'll see you around," he smiled at me.

"Yeah I'll keep in touch," and with that he was gone.

"Alex it's time to go home," I said as he rushed over to me with a smile on his face.

"Did you have fun?" I asked.

"I did!" He nodded his head with that big smile.

"Me too."

••••••••••••
Ok so this is actually a true story about how my mom and my step dad met. There's going to be multiple parts and they're all going to be  how it happened in real life. I'll probably post part 2 tomorrow.