Fake boyfriend

I ducked my head as I walked through the crowded halls filled with people staring at me and whispering. What's so special about a new kid anyway? I'm sure there are other things that are worth more attention.

After cluelessly searching the halls I finally found my locker. I tried opening it multiple times but I could never get the combination right.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around and saw a boy standing there who was slightly taller then me. He had bright blue eyes and chocolate curls that fell onto his forehead.

I have to admit, he's pretty cute.

"Hi, I saw you were struggling with your locker, and I was wondering if you needed any help?" They boy asked politely.

"The help would be appreciated," I said handing him the sheet with my combination. He successfully opened my locker and I thanked him while he smiled in return.

He leaned on the lockers next to mine as I put all my stuff away. "I'm guessing you're new here?" He asked looking at me.

"Yep. I moved here from America last week and this is my first day of school. My names Connor," I introduced myself sticking a hand out.

"I'm Troye," he said shaking my hand.

As I was closing my locker he asked, "Can I see your schedule?"

I nodded and handed it to him. "We don't have any classes together," he said frowning. "But our first period classes are in the same hall, so I can walk you there," he said grinning at me.

"Sounds good," I said grinning back at him.

As we walked to class I learned a little about Troye. I learned he's big in the drama club, because of his love for singing and acting. He seems to be quite popular, because he'd always be smiling at people in the halls. He was a generally nice and fun person.

He showed me where my first period class was and I groaned realizing it was English class. I thanked him and braced myself for torture as I walked into the classroom door.

The morning droned on, but thankfully it was now lunch. I didn't know where to sit, so once I bought my lunch I headed towards an empty table. I sat down and started eating, when I heard a voice calling my name.

"Con!" Troye shouted catching my attention. He tried dodging people to get to me, almost falling multiple times. I watched amused until he finally made it to the table in one piece.

"Hi!" He said grinning while taking a seat across from me.

"Hi," I said smiling. I swear his smile is contagious.

"How's my favorite American?" He asked ruffling my hair. I scrunched my face up which caused Troye to giggle.

"You're cute when you do that," he said.

His words surprised me and my cheeks turned red. I was about to say something when a voice interrupted me.

"Troye!" We both turned out heads to see a boy heading in our direction. Troye let out an annoyed huff while staring at the boy.

As the boy got closer Troye turned and asked me something that i honestly didn't expect. "I'm sorry if this is a personal question but by any chance, are you gay?"

I was to shocked to say anything so I slowly nodded and then said, "yeah I am."

"Perfect," Troye said. I looked at him confused. He just told me to 'play along' whatever that meant.

They boy came and sat down next to Troye. He was practically pressed up against Troye, and Troye looked very uncomfortable.

"Hey baby," the boy said running his fingers up Troye's arm. "I was wondering if you wanted to come by my place later tonight-"

"Matthew," Troye groaned taking his hands off . "How many times to I have to tell you that I don't want to date you."

"But baby-"

"Stop calling me that!" Troye said irritated before glancing at me.

"Besides I'm not single anymore. I'm dating Connor," he said nodding his head in my direction.

My eyes widened. He wants me to pretend to be his fake boyfriend? Although he may have a lot of acting experience, I have absolutely zero.

"Uh y-yeah," I said grabbing Troye's hand across the table to make it more convincing.

He glared at me before narrowing his eyes suspiciously. "I don't believe you."

"What do you mean you don't believe us. What do you want us to do?" Troye asked exasperated.

"I don't know. Prove it," he said still looking at us suspiciously.

Troye looked at me for a couple seconds before a smirk made its way on his face. "Fine," he said confidently.

With that he leaned across the table and pressed his lips to mine. My eyes widened in shock at first before fluttering shut and melting into the kiss.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach as Troye's soft lips moved against mine. My cheeks were probably bright red at this point. Sadly, our moment was interrupted by the jerk.

"Okay okay," Matthew said pulling us apart. "You're a couple, I get it," he grumbled walking away.

Troye smiled happily at me and squeezed my hand tighter, making my blush deepen.

Let's just say that after a couple more late night conversations and dates, I wasn't just his 'fake' boyfriend anymore.