Hurricane Sandy (part two)

Connors POV

Not much has happened in the past couple weeks. I'd sent Troye a text every once in a while asking how he is but that's pretty much been it.

Now it's October 28, and hurricane sandy is about to hit us. As a police officer life has been pretty hectic trying to prepare for what's to come.

Also since everyone in the town follows me on Facebook, I've made sure to post multiple weather updates urging people to get prepared, because this wasn't going to be a little storm.

I've also taken it upon myself to personally text Troye about the storm. I mean I still want to make sure he's okay. I've told him what to do and expect and he seemed more then willing to listen to my advice.

I put my phone on charge and looked out the window, where the trees were blowing from the wind and rain started to fall. Both Alex and Michael, my seven year old son, joined me to watch since we all enjoyed watching storms.

I already had a bunch of blankets out, a generator ready and a bunch of games to play since the power will most likely go out. Now we just have to sit and wait.

••••••

Just like I predicted, the power went out. It still would've been out if I didn't have a generator. Although there was rain, it was the wind that did the most damage. There were trees falling and branches everywhere. The amount of calls that came over the police radio for trees blocking roads, power lines falling and different injuries was insane.

Now it's October 31st, and it's time to crush all the little kids Halloween. Although the storm has subsided, with all the debris in the road it's not safe for little kids to be walking around.

I texted Troye and told him that Lilly and her friends really shouldn't go trick or treating. He told me that they were upset but he agreed that it wasn't safe.

••••

After the storm I didn't really text Troye much. I mean he was already in a relationship and there wasn't much to talk about.

A couple months later I decided to check up on him, and let me tell you I'm so glad I did.

I just sent him a simple 'hey, how've you been' expecting the normal 'good and you' response. Instead Troye responded with 'ive been better' and I immediately wanted to know what happened.

So we continued texting and I found out him and Chris broke up.  Chris had said some inappropriate comments and Troye told him to get out.

I was happy knowing that Troye was single, but I know going through a breakup sucks and I feel bad he has to go through that.

After talking for a while I decided to ask him if he wanted to get a coffee one day, and he agreed much to my delight.

Then I started thinking, why wait? I looked at the clock and saw it was only 6pm, so I clicked on Troye's contact.

Connor: what are you doing right now?

Troye: nothing much just sitting at home relaxing. Lilly is at Robs house, my ex husband, so I'm just watching some tv.

Connor: how about I come over?

Troye: right now? I'm in my pajamas.

Connor: I don't care. I'll bring over some food. Be there in 10.

In a couple of minutes I was pulling up to Troye's house with a bag full of Chinese food. Troye opens the door in his pajamas and he looked so cute and cuddly.

"Hey I brought Chinese food," I said smiling.

"I love Chinese food!" He cheered as he snatched the bag away causing me to chuckle.

"So why'd you come over at 6:30pm on a Wednesday night?" Troye asked in between bites of his Chinese food.

"I wanted to see you," I said causing him to blush and look down.

For 3 hours we sat on his couch talking and laughing. It was honestly probably the best 3 hours of my life. Seeing him happy and smiling while knowing I caused it, was just the best feeling in the world.

Sadly we both had work tomorrow, so we hugged goodbye and I was on my way home. All I could think about was how much I hoped we got to have a night like this again.

•••••••
This chapter was pretty much just a filler. I was supposed to post this yesterday but somehow I completely forgot so I'll probably post part 3 tonight as well

Also this one shot book just got 1k reads and that makes me so happy. Thank you so much