Faking it

Troye's POV

I really miss spending time with Connor, like we used to. Now whenever he's home he's stressed and goes into his office to do more work. All he has on his mind is 'work work work' and I miss having a little of his attention.

Right now Connor and I are walking downstairs and it'll probably be that last I'd see him for a little while today, considering he's going to fill his day up with work. He was heading to his office to work while I was going to go to the living room to watch tv.

"Ow!" I shrieked as I missed the last step, making me twist my ankle and fall to the ground.

It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, it was more the surprise factor that shocked me. I was about to stand up when Connor came rushing over to me.

"Troye! Are you okay? You poor thing! Let me carry you to the couch," he said as he scooped me up in his arms.

I was about to tell him I was fine, but then I realized this is the most attention he's given me in a while. Would it be that bad to exaggerate the truth a little bit?

"That really hurt," I tried to sound hurt and felt completely guilty lying. But once I saw his caring eyes focused on nothing but me, all of the guilt washed away.

He set me down on the couch and propped my leg up with a pillow. He then turned on the tv and cuddled up next me.

He squeezed me tight and started leaving kisses all over my face. I couldn't stop the huge grin that took over my face.

After cuddling for a little bit Connor got an emergency phone call that he had to take. I was a little disappointed but the earlier events completely made up for it.

After awhile I really needed to pee so I got up and walked to the bathroom, completely forgetting I was supposed to have a bad ankle. Once I was done I started walking back to the couch when a voice stopped me.

"Troye? You don't look like you have a bad ankle," Connor asked confused.

"I-I um," I stuttered as I looked down guiltily. "I may have lied a bit."

"Why would you do that?" Connor asked with a little annoyance in his voice. "You know I have work to do and now I'm going to be behind."

"I just wanted to spend some time with you," my eyes glistened and I kept my gaze at the floor.

"What do you mean? We live together."

"I know," I sighed. I was feeling sad, guilty and I just wanted to curl into a ball on the couch.

"It's just that whenever your home you're always in your office working. The only words we speak to each other are 'hello's' and 'goodnight's'. This morning was the most attention you've given me in a couple days and I guess I got lost in it. Sorry." I said as a tear slid down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away.

I met Connors gaze and his eyes were slightly widened and he looked extremely guilty. He quickly rushed over to me and gave me a bone crushing hug, and I squeezed back so tightly I'm surprised he was still able to breathe.

"Tro I'm so sorry," his voices wavered slightly. "I guess I got so caught up in work I didn't even realize. Wow I'm such a terrible boyfriend," he muttered quietly but I still heard him.

I pressed my lips against his and felt him smile into the kiss. "C'mon lets go cuddle and watch a movie," he said as he dragged me towards the couch.

"But you're going to become behind in work," I frowned.

"You're more important," Connor said causing my heart to swell in happiness.

I jumped onto his lap and we cuddled the rest of the night, nothing else on our minds.