Chapter 33

Netball training was painful. Tess made the team 4 run laps around the netball court as warm up then the rest of training was spent doing ball skills and practicing for the first game on the weekend.

Training finished early as Tess had a coaches meeting with the other netball coaches.

Since Macaulay was my ride home and his football training was half way through so I decided that I would go and watch them train since I didn't have anything else to do.

 I was walking over to the oval when I heard a voice calling my name I turned to see Cory with Justin. Justin came running over to me so I picked him up and held him.

“Hey Reagan can you please watch Justin for me, Annie will be here soon" Cory asked me.

"Sure no worries anything to spend time with this little one" I said smiling at Justin who was playing with my pony tail.

"Thanks Reagan I knew I could rely on you, and I want to hear how the holiday went when you come to babysit" Cory said as he started running to join the rest of the team.

"Rightio" I yelled out to Cory who waved his hand out in acknowledgement that he heard.

I have been babysitting Justin since he was a baby, since we were good friends with Annie and Cory. It's not that common that Cory brings Justin to footy since Annie works odd hours at the hairdressing salon, when I'm around at the footy I'll take Justin and look after him while Cory trains and we wait for Annie to come.

I decided to go sit in the grandstand and watch while I played spot dad in the group with Justin. We were playing away when Justin stopped and started yelling out "mum mum” and walked over to Annie who had just arrived.

Annie smiled and picked up Justin and walked over and sat next to me.

"Hey stranger" I said to Annie.

"Hey yourself, can you please tell me why you aren't our netball coach anymore" I said

"I was going to wait until you come over to baby sit but since your here and asking I'll tell you............I'm pregnant" Annie said smiling.

It took me a while to process the information before I finally spoke up "oh my gosh, you serious, congratulations, how far along are you?" I asked excited

"Yes I'm serious Reagan, I'm about 3 months now, hence why I finished coaching last season and why I didn't tell you sooner, but you were away and we had trouble with this little one" Annie said rubbing her slightly swollen tummy. "But everything is fine now and bub should be here around June" Annie said smiling.

I was happy for Cory and Annie, they were the nicest people you could meet and Justin is just adorable, and I'm sure the new addition will be adorable too.

******************************************

Footy training finished I said my goodbyes to Annie and Justin before heading to Macaulay's Ute and heading home.

I opened the front door and walked in dumping my shoes and training bag near the door before going straight to the kitchen where mum was.

"Hey mum, something smells good" I said as I looked over at the pot on the stove.

"Thanks sweetie I'm making a casserole for dinner" mum said smiling at me.

"Is it my favourite chicken and vegetable?" I asked

"Yes chicken and vegetable even your brother likes it now" mum said surprised.

"Who wouldn't love it, it's amazing" I said smiling.

"Yes it is good if I do say so myself, hey listen Nichole called and asked me to tell you that they want you to go over to their house after school tomorrow" mum said.

School started back yesterday, it was good to be back, I know most people think school is a drag but personally after what happened in England with Miles, school is the perfect distraction for me at the moment.

“Oh okay why? And how am I meant to get there? My car is at the mechanics" I said.

"They have a present for your birthday and Paul said he would pick you up from school and drop you home after" mum said smiling.

My 18th birthday is coming up next Friday, which means I’ll finally be legal to drink and go out to the nightclubs; I will officially be an adult well in Australia anyway.

"He better not come in the police car again, I'm still getting asked why I left school in a cop car and that happened a year ago" I said smiling at the memory.

"Sweetie I'm sure he won't do that again besides I think he is undercover on jobs at the moment" mum said.

“He better be I'm not going through the embarrassment again" I said.

Paul and Nichole are my godparents, dad has been best friends with Paul since high school and that is going back a long time. Anyway Paul is one of the police officers at the local station.

Nichole and Paul have a son Grant who is 24 and no daughters, so I'm like their adoptive daughter in a way, but that means that Paul is very overprotective of me and since he is a cop he thinks that he can interrogate me over the littlest things, like when I mention that I went to a party one time Paul went all police officer and questioned me.

I thought it was quite amusing at the time, but I know he is only looking out for me.

“Rea can you please go and set the table dinner will be ready in 5” mum said starting to plate dinner.

I got the place mats from the end of the table and placed them around before getting the cutlery and putting them in the respected spots, then quickly headed to the bathroom to wash my hands since they were dirty from netball.

Mum served dinner and the four of us sat around the table talking about what is happening for the rest of the week. When dinner finished I helped Macaulay clear the table before heading to my room to complete the mountain of homework and study I had to do.

Being in year 12 sucked at this current moment.

--------------------------------------------------------

don't forget to

vote

comment

share

follow

please

would mean a lot thanks