Chapter 21

We arrived back to the cottage in the late afternoon; I managed to sleep most of the way back and woke up with half an hour to go, while Macaulay slept and played on his iphone.

We entered the gates to the cottage and headed up the long driveway until we pulled up outside the front door. Dad got out and unloaded the bags with the help of Macaulay while mum and I waited.

I entered into the cottage first and was greeted by the delicious smell of food coming from the kitchen, putting my bag down; I walked over to the kitchen to see where the smell was coming from.

Upon entering I saw the benches spotless and the table set for dinner, confusion came upon me as I looked around, until I saw a not on the bench from Dan.

To whoever is reading this, I have made dinner for you all, all you have to do is take it out of the oven and serve it up. I will see you all later tomorrow. Welcome home.

Regards Dan

I smiled and left the note for mum to read while I left the kitchen and headed towards my bag before going to my room to unpack.

Walking into my room i noticed that my riding uniform was sitting on my bed with another note on it, I walked over and opened it.

Hey Reagan welcome home, your uniform is all clean and ready to put away, I didn’t want to put it away since I didn’t know where it came from since you had the bag ready for me, I hope you had a good stay at the palace and I will see you in the morning

Regards Dan

I smiled and put my uniform away before texting Dan.

“Hey we are back thanks for cooking dinner and cleaning my uniform, hope to see you soon”

It wasn’t long before Dan replied.

“I know I saw you all come in, no worries it’s the least I could do, I will see you in the morning”

I read the text before putting my phone down on the bedside table and began unpacking my bag.

It didn’t take me long as I knew where everything went and left some of the stuff in the bags ready for when we go home because I didn’t need them.

Macaulay sent me a text saying dinner was ready; I left my room and headed to the dining room.

Dinner was the best I have had for a while; Dan had managed to cook cannelloni with a garden salad and garlic bread, Italian was Dan’s specialty since his dad is half Italian so it runs in the family.

Dinner finished and I helped mum do the dishes before going to bed. I was lying in bed when my phone buzzed indicating a text message I opened the text and started reading it

Hey missing you like crazy, not the same without you around go on Skype if you’re up.

Looking at the id I noticed it was Kylie I quickly responded before going to the desk and grabbing my laptop from it and logging on to Skype.

I saw Kylie online so I waited for her to call, a few minutes later Kylies face appeared on the screen.

“About time I get to see you, how’s England treating you?” he asked smiling at me.

“Well England is fine just got back to the cottage actually” I replied.

“Where did you go?” Kylie asked raising her eyebrows.

“We had a gala dinner in the city so we went there for a few weeks and looked around” I said, trying to hide my lying face.

“Oh yeah I forgot about that, meet any guys there?” Kylie asked raising her eyebrows.