Chapter 11

I woke up at my usual time of 5.30am for my morning run and routine. I got up and quickly headed to the kitchen to make my protein shake and soon after I left the cottage and headed out for my run.

It was Monday so that meant that Dan would be back at work today, I was still on my run when I passed the cabin that Dan was staying in and saw the light on so I went and knocked on the door.

I waited a while before Dan finally opened the door half dressed with just his pants, socks and boots on. I couldn’t help but look at his naked torso for a few seconds before I heard a cough which made me look up to a smirking Dan.

“Take a picture, usually it lasts longer” he said smiling

“Sorry I wasn’t looking at you I was looking at the spider that was right in front of your boot” I said smiling back at him.

It was true I wasn’t just looking at him; there was a rather big spider that was sitting right in front of Dan’s boot that looked rather scary.

With that being said Dan looked straight down and sure enough he saw the spider and let out a yelp before stomping on the spider.

I let out a laugh at what I just saw and looked up to see an annoyed Dan staring back at me.

“Is there a reason that you are outside my cabin?” he asked finally

“Well I saw the light on as I was on my run and decided to see you, when did you get back?” I asked being nice.

“Late last night, thought that if I came last night I wouldn’t be rushed this morning” he simply said

“That’s a good Idea, anyway I better keep going I just came by to say hey” I said before turning and walking away to start my run again.

“WAIT UP” I heard from behind me.

I turned around to see Dan running out of his cabin with a work shirt on but not buttoned up just yet, so I decided to stop and let him catch up to me.

He finally reached me and asked if he could walk with me until he reached the stable, I agreed and said on one condition that we would race to the stable. With that said we both took off and raced to the stable which I got to before Dan did.

“Wow your good I couldn’t keep up” Dan said still panting

“That’s what happens when you go running of a morning and have netball at the same time” I said smugly.

“Rightio well as of tomorrow morning I will get up early and go running, and then meet up with you, how does that sound” Dan questioned.

“Fine by me, I’ll see you later on Mr McLeod” I laughed before taking off to finish my run.

“THAT YOU WILL MISS PRAIRIE” he yelled out after me, which only made me laugh harder.

I got back to the cottage and went and showered before heading to the kitchen for breakfast, I was surprised that only grandfather was up and as usual he was reading today’s paper.

“Good morning grandfather” I said cheerfully.

“Oh good morning possum didn’t see you come in” grandfather replied.

Ever since I could remember grandfather called me possum as a nickname, I kind of like it too.

“Well I was quiet, why are you up this early anyway?”

“If you must know I couldn’t sleep, and I knew that you were up so I decided I want to see my granddaughter since we haven’t had our grandfather/granddaughter time together yet” he said seriously.