Chapter 12

It was mid morning when the doorbell to the cottage rang, and since I was closest to the door I got up and answered it.

I opened the door and saw both Ashton and Miles standing there looking at me smiling, I politely smiled back and opened the door wider to let them in before yelling out to the rest of the family that their so called ‘guests’ were here.

Grandmother was the first to come out and greet them both and walking them through to the lounge room where the rest of the family were sitting, I followed so I wasn’t being rude and went and sat next Macaulay who was sitting on the two seater couch.

After it seemed like a while I got up and excused myself from the living room, not wanting to hear the hero stories that they both told, Macaulay gave me questioning look as I passed him and I just mouthed to him that I’m fine before leaving the living room and heading towards my room.

Once in my room I walked over to my bed and lied down on it and picked up a Girlfriend magazine that was at the end of my bed, before I started flicking through the pages.

I was halfway through an article when I heard knocking at my door, I slowly got up off my bed and walked towards the door and opened it, Macaulay was standing there so I let him in and closed the door, he walked in and went and sat on my desk chair while I went back to sitting on my bed.

“Are you ok?” he asked worried

“Yeah sure I’m fine, really” I said back

“Didn’t seem like it back there” he replied still worried

“How did you manage to get away” I questioned.

“Just told them that I had to use the bathroom, and well dad wanted me to check on you” he replied.

“Yep that would be right, what are they doing here anyway?” I replied angrily.

“Well we are going to the palace tomorrow for two weeks” he said in a sarcastic tone.

“And................ we are not children anymore Macaulay, when will they see that” I said now getting more frustrated.

Yes Ashton and Miles are our security guards; every time we go to the palace Grandmother and Grandfather hire them to keep watch on us while we are there even though they are security guards for Grandmother anyway. They have officially been our security guards since I was 14 and Macaulay was 16, so they have been with us for a while now and before that they were with Grandmother.

Ashton was 27 years old tall with short brown hair and dressed well, while Miles was 24 years old with short black hair and also dressed well. Both guys were pretty good looking, any girl would be lucky to have them as boyfriends but when you work for the Queen there is little time for relationships as work takes up most of their time.

Ashton was Macaulay’s security guard and Miles was my security guard, we were pretty close with both guys as you would when they are around you almost 24/7, and yes we did argue with them well mostly Miles and I did because sometimes a girl wants space from guys once in a while and have time to their selves right.

While Macaulay got along alright with both guys, I guess because they are guys and Macaulay gets along with everyone.

“Well are you going to come back out and be a social person” Macaulay asked smiling.

“Hmm let me think......................nope” I said.

“Come on Rea it can’t be that bad, besides you haven’t seen them for a year” Macaulay reasoned with me.

“Still doesn’t change the fact that they will still follow us around all the time” I said back still annoyed.

I thought that last year was the last time we would need security guards but I guess I was wrong when they showed up. I guess Grandmother wants her only Grandchildren to be looked out for while they are at the palace.