Chapter 22

Walking into the cottage I head straight to my room. I was passing by Macaulay’s door when it suddenly opened, turning I see Macaulay standing there rubbing his eyes from sleep.

“Sorry did I wake you” I said in a whisper.

“Nah I was awake” he said sleepy

“Sure you were anyway what’s up?” I asked

“Do you want to go to the markets today?” he asked me.

“Yeah I would love too who is coming?” I asked

“Just you and me, mum and dad were going somewhere else today” he said

“Oh ok when do you want to leave?” I asked looking at my watch.

“What’s the time now?” he said trying to look at my watch upside down.

“It’s about 7.30am” I said back to him.

“Ok be ready by 8.30 and we can go, meet me at the back door, I want to get a good park before it gets busy” he said walking back into his room to get changed.

I walked away from his door and headed to my room.

I quickly head for the shower and get ready to go, after the shower I changed into a pair of dark grey jeans, a white singlet with a light brown knitted jumper over it, simple pair of black vans and a grey beanie and scarf.

I grabbed my bag and headed out to the back door where I was meeting Macaulay.

The market was in the township so it didn’t take long to get there, we arrived and found a car park and headed into the marketplace.

“There are a few people here already” I said looking at the number of people walking around.

“Yep this market is pretty popular” Macaulay said taking in the stalls around.

“You got that right, want to look around? Start at the side and work our way around?” I asked looking at Macaulay, who simply nodded at me.

We made our way around the market looking at the stalls and buying a few things along the way, I got a few things for the girls back home while Macaulay got the guys something as well.

It was around lunch time when we finally found a place to eat that had seating free, I grabbed a table while Macaulay stood in line for the food. This stall was selling mostly hot food and Macaulay knew what I liked so he didn’t have to ask.

After a while of waiting Macaulay finally arrived at the table with our food and bottles of water, I got a toasted chicken and cheese sandwich while Macaulay got the ham and cheese.

We were sitting there when I heard my name being called from behind, turning around I see Mandy standing there.