Chapter 26

Reagan POV

I was in complete darkness; everything was blank, no voices, no colours, and no people, just me. Everywhere I looked there was nothing around just me standing in a room full of black.

Occasionally I would see a flicker of light in the distance but nothing too bright that my eyes would follow it.

I don’t know what day it is, or where I am, all I can think of is; when will I get out of this place? I’m scared.

*******************

I see another flicker of light, this time its bright and my eyes start to follow it now. Next I start to hear voices in the distance talking. My surrounding is becoming clear and the darkness is slipping away.

I slowly start to open my eyes hoping that it’s not black like it was before, but to my surprise it’s not. I look around and see I’m in a room which is now full of people.

I start to panic.

I try to speak but I’m being stopped by a tube in my mouth, instinctively I try to pull it out but I’m stopped when a hand grabs mine and stops me.

“Reagan honey its ok you don’t need to panic I’m going to take this tube out of your mouth” I hear a soft female voice say to me.

I slowly let my hand down from the tube and rest it by my side while the tube is being taken out.

Once the tube comes out the lady from before hands me a glass of water with a straw and makes me take a drink, so my throat isn’t as sore.

“Where am I? Where are my parents?” I asked panicked.

“Reagan I’m nurse Claire and you are in the St Mary’s hospital Paddington, your family is outside the door waiting for the tests to be done, it won’t be long I promise, you gave us all quite the scare though” nurse Claire said to me softly.

The doctor and nurse finished all the tests that I had to go through before mum; dad and Macaulay were allowed into the room.

Mum was the first one in the room and came rushing to my bedside giving me an enormous hug.

“You are finally awake, you gave us all a scare though” mum said sitting next to me.

“How long was I out for? And what happened to me?” I asked.

Everyone looked at each other before looking at me.

“Darling you were out for nearly 3 days, your diabetes played up and you passed out and went hypoglycaemia which means your blood glucose levels were very low and with your exercising you haven’t reduced your insulin take” mum said to me slowly.

“I didn’t realise I was out that long, how long am I in here for?” I asked.