《34》

she is a host
onto herself.

They had him.

Thomas Jefferson was going down.

James knew the owner of the house and asked for the security camera's footage, explaining Peggy's horrors. The host of the party was more than happy to hand them over, explaining that she, too, had been harassed by Thomas.

How many girls had he hurt?

Peggy slept a lot easier than she had before. It wasn't a rest that you'd label as "peaceful", but it was definitely an improvement once she came forward.

It took a lot out of her.

She put so much strength into her confession to the police, so much of her fear was evident as she explained what happened and that she wasn't the only one. She cried as she handed them the footage they had, and James held her hand tightly.

She had relapsed twice throughout this process.

The first time was the day after they had gotten the footage. She didn't know why she had the need to rip her skin apart once more, but it bit at her mind until she completed the request.

The second time was the day Thomas was arrested at school. Word had gotten out somehow, and everyone's eyes were trained on her as she walked down the halls. It was overwhelming.

Since then, she has been 6 days clean. Which was an achievement.

She visited her mom's grave each morning with more to say each time she went.

Slowly, very slowly, she found herself healing.

The self destructive thoughts that once clouded her mind every second of the day were decreasing each time she woke up.

The reliance she had on Maria as an outlet was wiped from her mind and replaced with the comfort of John, Alex, and James.

Her dad and sister's constant taunting that usually repeated in her mind until it was engraved in her thoughts was gone, as she had blocked her life away from their's for good, finding a family with the people she already had.

Everything that seemed so far away not too long ago was in sight.

It was going to take work, and there were going to be fallouts, but she could finally see it.

She could see the happiness that her mother had wished for her.

And Peggy was determined to reach it.

(390 words)