《27》

lord show me how to
say no to this.

"Maria?"

"Peggy thank god, I need your help."

"You're kidding, right?"

"No, it's an emergency. Please, be quick."

The phone rang a clicking sound through Peggy's ear abruptly, causing her to pull the phone from her ear as she jumped. She looked at the black screen for a moment, her heart racing.

Should she?

What harm could possibly come from meeting up with her long-term crush, who just happened to spit in her face when she was confronted.

Yeah, it'll be fine.

She grabbed her patched satchel swiftly and ran out of John and Alex's apartment.

She had been staying there for a week now, and she was incredibly grateful. They treated her kindly, and she got time to think during the weekend. It was peaceful.

So wonderfully peaceful.

Peggy was grateful for the pause in her life. Honestly, she was so far past her breaking point, it was a miracle she had made it without having a complete breakdown.

She was proud and she felt strong.

She walked up the stairs of Maria's house hesitantly, taking a deep breath before knocking on the door.

Maria appeared behind the door instantly, yanking Peggy's arm and pulling her inside.

Peggy yelped, pulling her arm away as she was sat on the couch.

"What the hell?"

Silence flooded the room.

"Well?"

Peggy didn't have time to ask anymore questions as Maria crashed her lips into hers.

Peggy's words were muffled with Maria's tongue as she tried to protest.

Maria pulled away, breathing heavily. "What? Isn't this what you want?"

"Is this really what you want?" Peggy snapped back, grabbing her satchel to leave.

"No! You're the only one who would do this." Maria pleaded.

Peggy scoffed and looked away, only to find herself looking back down to see Maria with a face of desire.

How could she say no to this?

She sighed and set down her bag, sitting next to Maria once again.

She didn't know what had happened to Maria, but something changed. She was apparently not fully straight, as some had believed.

She buried her hands in Peggy's hair as her lips danced around hers.

She suddenly picked Peggy up from underneath her thighs, making Peggy squeak.

Maria carried them off to her room, leaving the rest in history.

(392 words)