《33》

they will tear each other
into pieces,
jesus christ,
this will be fun!

Peggy's next step was to accuse Thomas of his crimes.

How she was going to do it, she had no idea.

She had no proof of her assault whatsoever, she could barely even walk when she saw him in the hallways.

But the more she paid attention, the more girls she saw buckle at the knee when he walked by. She used to think of those reactions as a sign of affection, but now that she'd been affected by his torments, she recognized it as fear.

He'd send these girls a wink as he walked by, Maria (who still called Peggy up when she needed a late night buddy) hung on his shoulder with an evil smirk painted on her lips.

It made Peggy sick.

She quit talking to Maria after talking to John and Alex. That didn't stop the texts from pooling in or a punch to the face when they ran into one another.

One problem at a time, Pegs.

She decided to look for any form of evidence from the party she was at.

It was Saturday night and Alex and John sat across from her on the bed they had lent her.

They had their phones and computer out, trying anything and everything to get into contact with anyone they knew was at that party.

"Any luck?" Alex hummed, taking his glasses off momentarily to rub his temple.

John sighed. "Not yet. I've texted everyone."

Peggy's head fell back against the headboard, letting a frustrating sound leave her lips. "How is there no one that saw nothing that night? There were so many people there!"

"Are you sure you saw no one else that night?" Alex asked.

Peggy started to nod, but her memories stopped her. Before she saw Thomas there was someone else. A person that she was going to open up to, it was so obvious, oh my god -

"James!" Peggy said loudly, a gasp interrupting the word. She scrambled to get to her phone, dialing his number immediately.

He answered it faster than she had called.

"Peggy?"

"James, oh my god! I need your help." She said frantically. 

"Is everything alright?" He said. Peggy already heard the rustling of car keys and the opening of a door.

"Not really, but I'm working on it. That's where I need your help." She said calmly.

"Do you have someone there with you?" He asked worriedly.

She smiled, her heart fluttering with the care her friend showed for her. "Yeah, I do. Thank you, James."

She couldn't see it, but he nodded. "Send me the address. I'll be there soon."

(449 words)