《20》

the world
turned upside down.

Peggy sat across from her dad on her white living room couch, the tension in the air thick like fog. 

"Excuse me?" he growled, leaning forward. Peggy swallowed hard, wanting nothing more than to let the couch cushions eat her alive. 

"I said," Peggy took a deep breath, calming her shaking hands and feverishly bouncing knees, "I am a lesbian." 

"Do you want to explain yourself, Margarita?" he hissed, getting off of the couch and standing in front of his daughter tauntingly. 

"Well," Peggy trailed off, indecisive about the next thing that would come out of her mouth, "It means that I like girls the way you like them." 

"Get out." he said through clenched teeth, looking at his feet. 

"W-What?" her voice cracked as her back straightened, shocked with the response he had given her. 

Yeah, Peggy had figured that he wouldn't take it too well, but she also thought that he could learn to accept it - not kick his own daughter out. 

"Pack your bags and leave, dammit!" he yelled, pushing Peggy's shoulders down into the couch as she let out a yelp. 

Peggy searched his face for any sign of remorse, any sign of sympathy, but there was none. All she could see was the hatred that flared in his eyes, and watch it grow the longer they kept their stares on each other. 

Peggy pushed past him harshly and ran up the stairs, tears falling through the air. She swiftly grabbed a bag and packed a few things, only the things she felt were necessary. 

"Where are you going?" Angelica's voice rang through Peggy's ears, making her cringe as she zipped up her mustard yellow backpack. 

"Since when did you give a shit?" Peggy fired back, wiping her cheeks roughly. 

"We don't, but we deserve to know where our sister is going." Eliza stepped in behind Angelica, her arms crossed. 

"Leave me the fuck alone." Peggy tried to storm passed them, but the two girls wouldn't budge. "Move." she commanded, anger lingering in the air as the word slipped off of her tongue. 

"Make us." Angelica smirked, looking down at Peggy with a sense of mockery. 

Peggy scoffed. "Dad is kicking me out. Now move the fuck away." 

She pushed past her two sisters and stomped downstairs, hearing echos of laughter bounce off of the walls of what used to be her home. 

Where the fuck did she go wrong? 

(413 words)