suffer of the silenced part 20

I looked out the window the entire ride. The car was full of tension. I knew Ben was sorry for making me do this, but what exactly could he say? "Sorry I'm sending you off to your death most likely?" "I'm sorry your dad is crazy?"

There was nothing anyone could say to make anything better.

We were almost at my house now.

Ben took a deep breath and let it out shakily, "Keep fighting like my brother said."

I just looked at him and shook my head. There was no way anything could make me leave Landon without a fight. I knew I was the only thing he was living for right now; I didn't even want to think about what would happen if something did happen to me.

I could see my house now; the living room was lit up, welcoming me back. We got closer and closer until we were in front of it.

"Do you want me to go in?" He said with a sniffle

Ben's question startled me. He was the one who agreed on me doing this by myself. He saw the confusion on my face. "My brother loves you. You brought him out of his whole depression. I don't know what would happen if you didn't come back." As he said this he didn't look at me, his eyes locked on the front door.

"I have to do this alone. If you came in he would just hurt you, too. But look, if I don't come back, take care of Landon please. Don't let him do anything stupid. Okay?"

He just nodded. I opened the car door and got out.

"Lillian? I'm sorry." He stared at me with watery eyes. His eyes said everything that he couldn't. They comforted me, making me know that he did want me to come back, too.

I closed the door and walked away from it. He started the engine slowly and backed drove from the house, leaving me alone.

The light streaming from the window made a spotlight for me. I was frozen in place in the driveway. It was like a play and I had forgotten my lines, not knowing what to do next.

Suddenly, the curtain in my father's bedroom fluttered shut, and this gave me enough strength to continue to the door.

I finally got to it, taking a deep breath before gaining the courage to turn the knob, which was unlocked.

I walked in the house; completely different from the nigh when Landon and I came here. There was no more blood or shattered glass or broken furniture. Everything was perfect. It brought an uneasy feeling over me.

I hadn't seen my house look like this since before my parents started fighting.

The air was still and cold inside, making it more eerie, making me afraid to move.

Unexpectedly, the front door creaked shut slowly. I heard the click of the lock, trapping me inside the room.

I was too scared to move, to even turn my head and see who was behind me, even though I was sure of whom it was.

"Oh, honey, you came by. How delightful." I heard him say and then my father's distinct chuckle.

His hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me close to him, "I missed you so much. This time I won't let you get away." He held me for a moment before he brought my face up to meet his.

His lips brushed mine for an instant, but the next thing I knew he had threw me across the room and I landed on the floor with a thud.

"In fact, I'm never going to let you go anywhere." He laughed at this. I looked up just in time to see him reach to the table in one swift motion, picking up a long, curved knife that gleamed in the light.