Chapter 23

***chloe'spov***

I woke up the next morning with a ton on text messages and missed call from Patrick. All of them saying something like I have something to ask you and its really important.

I would have answered them the night before but when Megan and I have girls night we lock our phones in our rooms so we don't get distracted from spending time with each other. I quickly dialed his number.

"Hello?" He sounded like he had just woken up since it was only 8 in the morning. As you can see I am quite a morning person

"Hey! Sorry I didn't answer you last night Megan and I were just having a girls night and we promised that we wouldn't use our phones."

"It's okay I just had to ask you something"

"Ok well ask away"

"Can we meet downstairs in like 20 minutes because I want to ask you this in person"

"Ya of course see you in 20" I say in a confused yet exciting way

I quickly took a shower and put on some jean shorts with a big baby pink shirt and white converse. My hair was naturally straight so I kept it that way.

I texted Patrick to see if he was downstairs yet and he said yes so I quickly headed down to meet him.

Patrick was facing away from me when I saw him in the lobbyish area of our apartment building. I thought it would be funny to scare him so I ran up and jumped on his back.

I was sad because he didn't scream like a little girl which would have been extremely funny but instead he flinched but wasn't to scared. He probably knew it was me or he would have knocked me to the ground haha. I hoped off and hugged him from behind. I let go and he turned around, lightly brushing one hand on my cheek and gently kissed me.

"Nice try" he said while laughing

"Don't get scared easily huh?

"I kind of knew it was you" he chuckled

"I wanted to hear you scream like a little girl" we both burst out laughing

I smiled as he took my hand and we walked out of the apartment building. I was obviously still curious about what he had to ask me.

"What did you want to ask me?"

"yeah about that I cant ask you here" he started leading me away from the apartment building.

we continued to walk in comfortable silence, until we got to the beach.

He suddenly stopped and breathed deeply "Chloe I love being with you, you are such an amazing girl...you are pretty much the girl of my dreams. no scratch that you ARE the girl of my dreams and I just wanted to know if you wanted to make this official..." he sounded pretty nervous asking this...and that when he spun me around

written in the sand was "will you be my girlfriend?"

"no I dont WANT to be your girlfriend" I could see the hurt in his eyes "I would LOVE to be your girlfriend!" his eyes lit up and a huge grin appeared on his face.

he pulled me in for a deep passionate kiss. I was so happy he finally asked to make it official!

***KanesPOV***

I finally asked her to be my girlfriend even though we have been acting like a couple for a while now. it was like a giant weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I still cant believe that the girls of my dreams is mine and only mine

"are you going to be able to balance a girlfriend and hockey?"

"the question is are you going to be able to not see this beautiful face for a couple of days?" my voice filled with sarcasm

"as long as you promise not to leave me for some puck bunny you meet on the road"

"Chloe I would never do that to you...you have no idea how much you actually mean to me"

"if I mean as much as you do to me then I do know what you mean"

I engulfed her in a giant bear hug "now how about a walk on the beach?"

we walked for awhile until we both realized that neither of us had eaten yet. We found a Starbucks and just got bagels.

"so how are we going to tell the other two?" Chloe asked as we sat down at

a table.

"oh they already know! Tazer helped me get the courage to ask you out and Megan help me plan how I was going to ask you" I had woken up Toews when Chloe had called and told him what Megan had told me to do.

"well Megs does know I am a sucker for romantic stuff so it make sense now that she would have given you an idea of how to ask me"

"what you dont think im a romantic guy?" I pretended to sound hurt

"any guy can pull off the flowers and nice dinners but a real man knows how to do something really romantic and sweet"

"ill show you that I can be romantic by taking you out on our first official date tomorrow night after training camp!"

"you're lucky I dont have work tomorrow and you cant have Megan help you with any of this! got it?"

"fine and I WILL show you that I can be a romantic dude! but really though what are we going to do about Megs and Johnny?"

"well Megan told me last night that she might have feelings for him but she still hasn't figured that out"

"well thats a good sign but we both know that he really really likes her and he isn't going to stop until he is hers"

she was silent for a minute " I got it! after the season opener when all the news people are gone and every other player has left we have to somehow get him and her alone together..."

"I really like that but we still have to think it through"

"ill figure it out while you figure out our date"

we finished out bagels and just decided to head back to the apartments. I walked her up to hers and kissed her goodbye then headed back down to apartment. when I got back I told tazer everything that happened and how I had to come up with a really romantic date (he said just to ask some of the guys tomorrow) and I even told him about the plan to get him and Megan together.

"Megan's a very suspicious girl so how are you going to get her alone without her asking a ton of questions"

"I dont know youll have to talk to Chloe about that...and while you talk to her I am going to try and figure out this date thing" I seriously have to figure this out if I want to show Chloe that I can be romantic and sweet.