Chapter 16

**Chloe's POV:**

I have been texting Patrick non stop since its been hard to see them with practices and work. same with Jon and Megan but since nationals are over all of us have been able to hangout more often now since they still have a couple weeks until hockey starts.

Patrick and I have gotten pretty close as friends but I want to be more than friends but im pretty sure that he just wants to be friends. on the other hand little Meg and Johnny boy have gotten pretty close I must say. If Megan isn't with me she is with Jon. To be honest Pat and I both hope that they start dating soon I mean they would look so cute together! Usually the four of us hangout at megan and my apartment but tonight was different. instead Jon took Megan out for dinner and a walk in the park (little suspicious I might add) and Patrick and I were having a movie night.

"Hey! What movies did you bring?" I was making popcorn when he walked in. Megan and Jon had already left for dinner.

"Just a bunch of comedies...I really hope this dinner goes well for Jon and Megan" he plops down on my couch

"Me too its about time she found a guy! Megan's hard to read with her feelings if she likes somebody or not but im pretty positive that she really likes him"

"either way Johnny isn't going to give up on her! he never stops thinking about her"

we sat down on the couch and pressed play. he had his arm around me I was using his shoulder as a pillow. hands down the best night ever. and im starting to think he likes me more than just a friend but im not 100% sure yet. ;)

       **Megan's POV:**

"CHLOE!!!! I need your help with my outfit since you know fashion" I stood in my closet looking for something to wear.

"first how did he tell you to dress?" she walked in my room and pulled me away from my closet and gestured for me to sit on my bed.

"casual since we are walking in the park too"

"I got it!" she pulled out a pair of coral shorts with a black v neck and a scarf that matched with the coral color of the shorts and a pair of gladiator sandals. "but since I picked it out I get to do your hair and makeup!"

"thanks you so much and fine but you have to hurry up" She grabbed my hair and sat me down at my makeup desk and pulled out my hair straightener.

after about 45 min she finished my hair (it was about 2 inches longer when it was straight) next she started on my makeup. I told her to keep it simple so she just put on concealer a little eyeliner and mascara.

"Do I look okay?" I stepped out of room and into the hallway where Chloe was waiting

"omg! Megan you need to start dressing like a girl more often you look so cute!!! I dont get how you can have a closet full of cute clothes and never really wear them!"

" I do wear them...but only when i have to" just then I heard a knock on the door. I grabbed my phone and money.

"Hey you ready?" I opened the door to see Jon dressed in khakis shorts and a black polo.

"Yeah lets go! you sure clean up nice!"

"thanks! you dont look to bad yourself!"

"hey I was thinking instead of going out to dinner we could just stop and grab something in the park how does that sound?" he asked as we started walking out of our apartment building.

"yeah thats fine with me!"

The park was so beautiful at this time of day. we had to stop a couple of times so Jonathan could sign somethings and take pictures we even had a couple people ask if we were dating. it was pretty late by the time we got back to my apartment. I had hugged Jonathan good bye and thanked him when I looked up to see him smiling at me. Before I knew it the space between us was gone and he had kissed me. Thats when all the bad memories started coming back

"I-im sorry Jonathan...I just cant do this right now" I quickly pulled away and went into my apartment and shut the door. I immediately started crying. I just leaned against the door and started sliding door until I was sitting on the ground.

"Megan what happened?!?" Chloe was now in the room and came over and sat by me. Patrick had left awhile ago.

"He kissed me..." I replied in between sobs

"i dont see why thats something to cry about?"

"dont you see?!? I like Jonathan but I told my self I would never fall for somebody again especially a hockey player and now its happening again"

"Megan you have to get over that...thats in the past now"

"No I cant get over it! you dont understand what he did to me! you may have saw the physical damage but you dont know what damage he did emotionally!" I was yelling now.

"Megan if you dont see that you have a great guy that really likes you then I dont know how to help you!"

"Whatever Chloe I thought you understood me better since we are best friends but I guess not!" I stormed off to my room and slammed my door. i heard Chloe's door slam shut too. I knew what I had to do.

I grabbed my phone sat on my bed and texted my cousin

M: hey Zach can I stay with you gramps and grams for a couple of days? ill be there tomorrow and Ill explain later

Z: yeah for sure! just text me when you get here so I can pick you up!

I didnt realize how late it was until I sent it, but I knew that Zach was a night owl so he would answer.

I grabbed my laptop and started looking a flight times back home....I was going back to Texas and who knows when ill be back. I bought my ticket for the next flight which was at 4:00am tomorrow morning. I know its a short amount of time but I need to get out there as fast as i can. Just being back on the farm will help me figure out my thoughts and calm down. (my grandparents own our farm and Zach helps out around there since he is still in college)

I decided to take a quick nap before I packed my stuff to leave. I would get the rest of my sleep on the plane ride. I didn't have to pack that many clothes since I have alot of clothes already down there. I was about to leave when I decided I should leave a note so I wasnt totally M.I.A

hey if you are wondering where I am I went back home to clear my mind and get rid of all this stress. I dont know when ill be back or if ill be back...

-♥-

Megan

i set the note on the counter in the kitchen and I was off to the airport...