Chapter 15

**Megan's POV:**

"Oh hey Brian!" he pulled me in for a hug in which I kind of just stood there awkwardly.

"Whos this?" he must have saw Jonathan "is he your boyfriend?"

"uhhhh yes...yes he is" I shot Jon a look that told him just to go along with it.

"oh well I should get going then" Brian looked hurt as he walked out the door but why should I care hes just a creep.

"Why did you say that I was your boyfriend?" Jonathan looked at me with a really confused look.

"because if I had said that we were just friends he would never have left me alone and would trying to get me to go out with him" I walked up to the register and ordered my ice cream. I was about to pay for my icecream when Jon stops me and orders his and pays for both of ours.

"You didnt have to do that! I have money of my own"

"Yes but I lost the race and we bet on food so I had to pay up"

we found a table outside and sat down and talked while we ate.

"So Megan I still dont know you very well...so tell me about yourself" he looked at me with this big brown eyes. God he was so cute. no I cant be falling for him I told myself I wasnt going to fall for anyone anymore.

"Ummm lets see I lived in Texas and grew up on a ranch with my family and grandparents until I was 14 then I moved here when I was starting high school. I played volleyball and rode my horses when I lived in Texas but I decided to just continue with volleyball when I moved here. Chloe was the first person I met when I moved here and I knew we would be best friends when I found she is a huge hockey fan like I am and played volleyball. thats pretty much it! oh and I have one sister and she goes to college in Texas for riding"

"Were you always a blackhawks fan or did you become one when you moved here?"

"Always because my dad is from Chicago so I grew up watching you guys...we should probably get back to the beach before the others freak out"

"before we go give me your number so we can stay in touch"

"nice way of getting a girls number" I smirked and I saw him blush. he handed me his phone.

I handed him my phone too so he can put his number in. I put my name in his phone as 'Its SHORTAYYY!!!!'

"really you put yourself at johnny boy in my phone"

"coming from the girl who calls her self shorty!" he nudged me as we were walking back to the beach.

we noticed Chloe and Kaner talking when we got back.

"We so need to get the two of them together!"

"Yeah I've never seen him this happy around a girl before"

        ***Chloe's POV:***

"Patrick Kane!!! you will regret doing this" I exclaimed when I was finally able to get up..

"What are you going to do about it?!?"

"Who don't know this but I am quite the prankster so you better watch you back!"

"you would never prank me! you are too sweet to ever do something like that"

"do you remember when i woke her up when all of you were at our apartment? follow me if you want to know why megan is so protective of her food and why she is so feisty?" I walked out of the water toward our stuff and pulled my phone out of my bag and started looking through my camera roll.

"This is why she is fiesty" I showed them multiple videos of Megan being scared or tricked.

"Here is one example of why no one is allowed to touch her food." I showed them the video of when some of seniors from the volleyball team and I decided to mess with Megan and her oreos. We took a pack of peanut butter (yes they have them) oreos and replaced all the peanut butter filling with peanutbutter flavored filling that you stick in dog treats. We made sure to videotape the part where she tried it.

"ewww thats so gross!!!! remind to never let you and sharpy be in the same room again!" Patrick was looking over my shoulder at my phone. "Speaking of Megan where is she....and where's Johnny Boy at?"

"knowing megan she probably went to get food and Jon probably went with her"

"We need to get the two of them together already!"

"yeah.....Patrick I dont think you understand how hard its going to be to get them to date"

"How is it going to be hard? I have never seen Johnny look at a girl like he does Meg and from the looks of it...it seems like Megan will fall for him"

"Its not that easy for Megan though...do you not remember the whole incident at the hotel in NY? she has trust issues ever since her last boyfriend and she told herself she wasnt going to be in a relationship for a LONG time especially with a hockey player"

"yeah I remember...do you mind telling us what happened with her ex?"

"he started off being one of her clients that she trained... he won her over by being all nice and sweet and complimenting her like every second. She was totally head over heels for this guy. Then they started dating and they started arguing and he started treating her poorly...I thought it was normal for couples to argue. Then he got drafted to the Chicago Wolves and thats when it really got bad. She would come home to our old apartment some nights crying with bruises all over her. Megan never told me what happened she stayed pretty quiet and just came up with excuses. I always knew that something was up but I never knew how bad it was until I saw it happen..."

"wait you saw what happened?!?!" Corey asked with a concerned look

"yeah...I was coming home one night from work and I was unlocking the door when I heard screaming and then a loud thud. I walked just as I saw Reed, that was his name, screaming at her on how dare she break up with him. He had her pinned up against the wall and punched her right in the jaw...Megan just fell to the floor helpless. Thats when I started screaming at this guy to get out and never come back. The only thing he said before he left was that she was the one who made the mistake for breaking up with him yet he was the one who cheated on her...At the time I had just broken up with my boyfriend who was Reed's best friend. He didnt physically abuse me but he wasn't the nicest person...he was just an asshole"

"...wow...now understand why Megan acted like that at the hotel, we never realized what you guys went through...here give me your phone"

"its okay its in the past now and umm okay why"

"i gave you my number so that if you ever need to talk you know who to call" patrick smiled

"aww thanks patrick!" I turn my head and see two figures walking toward us "...oh look here comes and Jon now"

all of us just sat talking for awhile until we decided it was getting pretty late. We all went our separate ways and Megan and I decided to just go back and rest since we had a big day and we have to practice tomorrow since Nationals is only 3 weeks away! Overall today was a pretty good day I must say....and I think im falling for kaner...shhhhh dont tell anybody!