Chapter 17

Megan's POV:

I woke up from feeling the plane land on the ground in Texas. As soon the they say we can turn on our phones again I make sure I text my cousin right away.

M: Hey we just landed see you soon :)

Z: ill be there soon megs just look for the truck! :)

since I only had a carry on with me I was able to go wait outside for my cousin as soon as I got off the plane. I was on my phone when I heard the familiar noise of my cousins trucks engine. I grabbed my belongings and made my way over.

"Hey Megs how are you?" I put my luggage in the back seat.

"Same old same old...what about you? how have you been since you started helping pops and Gram around the farm?"

"I love being on the farm all the time! We actually got a new horse in the other day that I think you would really like! he is a total sweetheart"

"that would really help me clear my head...do you think I could ride whats his name when we get back?"

"For sure! and his name is Dexter and he is a big horse for a quater horse...do you mind me asking you why you can in such a rush?"

The rest of the way back to the farm I explained what happened. I got out of the truck only to be greeted by my grandparents dogs and my grandma pretty much running out the door to come say hello. After saying my hellos to everybody grabbing something to eat and unpacking my stuff I changed into my riding clothes. I rode western here so I changed into and old pair of jeans a t-shirt and grabbed my cowboy boots and headed for the barn to meet Dexter.

I fell in love with him right away, he had a beautiful black coat with long a long black mane and tail and he was the sweetest thing. I Quickly got him all tacked up and led him out of the barn where I mounted him. I was going to take him to my favorite spot on this farm, a nice quiet patch of grass right by the creek.

It took awhile to get there but that was the place where I could gather all my thoughts and figure out what was going on in my life. I got off my horse letting him eat the grass, and I just sat down in the grass and admired how peaceful it sounded

**Chloe's POV:**

I woke up the next morning to finding the note on the counter. I cant believe she actually left for Texas. I needed somebody to talk to about this.

"Hey whats up?" I was comforting to hear his voice

"she left! she just packed up and left!"

"wait what do you mean she left?"

"I mean she just packed up and left! Patrick, Megan went back to Texas for who knows how long!" I was basically in tears now.

"why would she just leave like that?"

"Well after she got home we got into an argument and she got really mad at me...I just thought she would be over it by now but I guess not"

"what was the argument about?"

I explained everything that happened to him.

"okay that explains alot since Jon has been acting wierd to ever since last night."

"what do you mean hes been acting wierd?"

"well when he got home he just went to his room and didnt say anything the rest of the night and i havent seen him at all this morning....I know that he really likes her and he doesn't want to hurt her, I think he just feels like he has lost her forever"

"okay well shes isn't going to talk to me right now or come back, so the only option really is to go out there ourselves and explain everything"

"okay well I know johnny boy isn't going to want to go out there right away so we are going to have to trick him"