Chapter 21

**Megan's POV:**

Not even 5 minutes after Chloe left there is someone knocking on my door. Its sad when you realize how short you really are when you have to stand on your tip toes to look through the peep hole of your door...

Standing outside my door was versteeg, sharp, shaw, saad, toews, crawford, leddy, seabrook, and keith. I dont think I have ever felt so small in my life.

"hey guys whats up?"

"we were in the team room and we wanted to go laser tagging but we need one more person and we all know Patrick is out with Chloe so we figured that you would want to go since you're here alone" Brent spoke for the group.

"1) who goes laser tagging at 8:00 at nigh and 2) but who cares im in cause that sounds like alot of fun!" I didn't really care if I was wearing running shorts and a t-shirt for laser tagging

"alright lets go!"

"I have to warn you though...im pretty good at laser tag!" I grabbed my fav pair of nike free runs (neon green with orange accents) and my keys then walked with the guys to their cars.

I got stuck in a car with seabrook (driving) me (shotgun) sharp (behind me) and shaw (behind seabrook).

"Patrick Sharp! if you kick my seat one more time I will not be on the same team as you for laser tag!"

"Pat dont push it I can tell that she is going to be good so you might want her on your team" shaw states

we arrive at the place and we have to figure out the teams.

"Johnny T you're captain of one team because you captain and Megan you're the other captain because you are the only girl...so pick your teams wisely! Megan you go first"

"Pat get your ass over here boy!" I pointed at sharp

"okay ill take Crow" Jonathan pointed to him

"Versteeg my team"

"Seabsy get over here"

"Duncan Keith" my team is getting better and better

"Man Child my team now"

"Shawzy cause you stuck up for me in the car" and that left Nick Leddy for toews' team.

I got to admit the game was pretty intense and surprisingly I havent gotten hit yet.

"My god Meg what are you are ninja! I havent seen you get hit yet!" I ran into keith while finding a spot to sit for a second and regroup

"yeah you could say that and im able to hid behind small things that you guys cant!" talking to him was a bad idea because I see a streak of light out of the corner of my eye come at me and I know that it hit me. I turn around to see the one and only Jonathan toews standing right behind me.

"of course out of all people its you that has to shoot me?" I walk up and playfully nudge him

"well yeah if someone was going to shoot you it had to be me"

"the thing that sucks is that im still beating you" we are now only inches apart from eachother and I can feel his breath on my face.

oh how I wanted him to kiss me. Before I could even yell at my self mentally for thinking that his arms were around me and his lips were on mine. Honestly it was the perfect kiss, it was nice and soft. It was at that moment that I finally let myself like Jonathan because I knew that I could trust him.

After a couple of seconds we pulled away and smiled at eachother. Then I did something that I had to do.

"you know im going to have to do this!" before he could answer I shot him with my laser and took off in another direction as fast as I could.

"you will not win this game Megan!" was all I could here as I hid behind something.

It all worked out for me in the end because my team won and I was the best at laser tag being that I only got shot once and I shot the most people.

Brent dropped Jonathan and I off at our apartment building (I found out him and Patrick live just a couple floors down from us)

***Jonathan's POV:***

I was really happy that Megan didnt freak out when I kissed her. I dont know why I kissed her it just happened, it didnt really follow the rule of taking it slow that Chloe gave me but its not like we did anything more and im not forcing her to do anything. It doesnt help that every time I see her I fall harder for her. I just hope that she likes me back one day.

I walked into my apartment quietly because I didn't know if Pat was in there or if him and Chloe were still out.

I peek into Kaners bedroom and see Pat and Chloe sleeping so I tip toe out and go to Megan's apartment door. I knock on the door and Megan comes and opens it.

"Pat and Chloe are sleeping in the in our apartment so can I crash here?"

"yeah sure! we can watch tv or a movie or play a game on PlayStation or..."

"what games do you have?" I cut her off

"Black ops/ NHL 12/ Madden 11 and pretty much any other game you can think of....My Cousin just gave me all of his games he didnt play anymore so thats why we have so many of them"

"lets play black ops...I need to beat you at something tonight!"

we played a couple rounds (I beat her in all of them) of that and then just watched Big Bang Theory in tv (it was a marathon)

"ill be right back" she got off the couch and went into what I assumed what her room. She came back out wrapped in a giant throw blanket. Shes so tiny!

"how are you cold its only August?!" I look at her with wide eyes

"yes but my apartment is cold" she sat back down on the couch wrapped like a taco.

She was right her apartment is cold cause not too long after she got the blanket I got the chills. being the child that I am I started tugging on part of her blanket.

"now whos cold?" she stuck her tongue out

"me! now hand over some blanket!" she sighed and shared some "okay im way bigger than you I need more than that! You are going to have to move closer if you are going to share"

"Oh hell no!" she started to get up with her blanket but im to fast for her ;)

"do you really think that you can get away with this? im twice your size so im pretty sure i win this battle" I grabbed her from behind and had both of my arms wrapped around her and my chin resting on her head.

"ugggg fine you win!" I picked her up and carried her back to the couch and sat her down next to me.

Megan just rolled her eyes and spread out the blanket so that it covered both of us. "better?"

"very much!" I got comfortable

We both fell asleep on her couch soon after that. Megan had her head resting on my arm using it as a pillow. and I was using my arm to support my head. Megan fell asleep before I did and I just looked at her and thought to myself I had finally gotten the girl of my dreams.