Chapter 9

Patricks POV:

  Tazer and I were up first against Shawzy and Saader. We had won rock paper scissors so we got first serve. I decided to show off and do an overhand serve thinking that it would impress the girls. (considering I had only watched Olympic volleyball *once I might add* , I figured Chloe and Megan wouldn't come close to being able to serve those crazy jump serve things) I gave my self a nice toss and swung as hard as I could at the ball to get it to go over the net. I watched as the ball went super high in the air and it looks like it was going to go over. but instead it landed right in front of the net....on our side if the court... I felt so embarrassed that I missed my serve in front of everybody.

"1-0 shaw and saad leading the way" Sharp could barely get those words out as he was still laughing at the fact I had missed my serve.

"shut up sharpy just wait until we play you!!!" I had to focus back on game.

on top of missing my serve I had captain serious over here yelling at me and telling me we better get the next point. Thankfully Johnny was able to pass the ball up to me so I could set it up for him to hit, and we got the point back. Luckily Tazer got a couple of serves that brought us way into the lead. After we finally lost the serve the score was 9-1 us winning. These games only went to 15 so we could get through them faster and get to the championship game against the girls. Toews and I easily defeated shaw and saad 15-3 and next we had to play Sharp and Crawford. that game went by pretty fast since they kept cheating by giving them selves points, by having more then 3 touches, or by pretty much catching and throwing the ball. after we defeated sharp and crow we had to play Bicks and Steegs which they got disqualified for just messing around and not following the rules. next were the big boys keith and seabs. theu had some pretty good serving but they served it out alot because you know "WE JUST SO STRONG!!!" quoting Seabrook and he flexes and kisses his bicep. FINALLY ot was the game to see who plays the girls!!! It was down to Leddy Bollig and then Toews and I. this was by far the hardest game since both of our teams were about equal skill. the score of the game 13-14 and i was up to serve. I just done the same thing I had the first time I served except this time it was much lower and it was over. im pretty sure I stopped breathing as I watched my serve go over the net. no one goes for it and it lands right on the line.

"THATS OUT WE GET THE POINT!!! RIGHT?!?!?!" bollig screams as he turns toward where the girls were debating about whether the ball was in or out.

"according the rules that we have always played by if the ball lands on the line it is considered in so therefore Patrick and Jonathan win" Megan finally states.

I dont think I have ever been happier then I am right now *well besides winning the cup*

"well congrats guys! but you still have one more game and thats against us! so lets get this things started! oh and this game goes to 25 must win by 2 and its best 2 out of 3"

         **Megan's POV:**

"Ladies serve first! and dont go easy on us!" Jonathan says while he tosses me the ball

"thanks! but thats your first mistake is left on us serve first!" I say as I make my over to Chloe so we both know what we are doing this game.

"okay meg you serve first so you start off in the back and I can start off hitting in the front. Oh and do your jump float and ill do my topspin jump! now lets win us a free dinner!" Chloe says as she pats my back and make her way up to the net.

I take a deep breath before I serve and there I go. I serve a perfect float that starts off going toward Jonathan and then curves toward Patrick which catches him off gaurd and causes him to miss. they just both looked at me with a shocked look on their faces.