Its Time

Blake's POV

"Baby!" I shout as I go upstairs.

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you... It's about the season." I really need to talk to her about it, cause preseason starts soon.

"Sure babe. So when do you think I should come back into the season?"

"Ya that's what I wanted to talk about..." I sit on the couch and pat the spot next to me. She sits down and I grab her hand. "I was thinking you should stay home, with the baby."

"What do you mean?" she tilts her head and smiles slightly.

"Like, for the first few years you stay home with the baby."

"You mean, like not go back to the team? But babe, what about-" I cut her off.

"Babe, I got enough money to take care of more then everything; and I'll come home as much as I possibly can..." she sighs and I kiss her hand. "Please babe, I don't want you to be stressed, with the baby and work. Please, it's for Joshua." I put my hand on her stomach and she smiles and puts her hand on top of mine.

"For Joshua." I smile and kiss her lips lightly.

"I'm gonna go to the practice center, to tell Doc and the team." I get up from the couch, my hand slowly separating from hers.

"Ok, tell em I said hi..." I lean down and kiss her cheek. I let her hand go completely and wink at her before I walk out the door.

*at practice center*

"Well that's good... She doesn't need the extra stress anyway" Doc nods his head after I tell him Amber agreed to stay home with the baby.

"So y'all picked the name Joshua?" Chris asks with a grin.

"Joshua Michael" I say with a smile.

"Joshua Michael Griffin..." Matt strokes his chin "sounds good to me," we all laugh and get back to practice. It's about 3 o'clock when I get a call from Amber.

"Hey babe wassu-" I ask but she cuts me off.

"Baby, it's time... Like you need to come home, now!"

"Oh shit! Ok I'll be there in a second, hold on baby." I jump and start running for the door.

"Hurry!" she groans as I hang up.

"Hey DJ!" I get DJ's attention "tell Doc it's time! I'll get my bag tomorrow...."

"Ok! Good luck man!" he shouts back as I'm out the door.

As soon as I get home, Amber is practically in the car. When we get to the hospital, I pick her up and carry her in.

"My wife's having a baby!" I basically shout to the lady behind the desk.

"What's the name?" she politely asks.

"Griffin!!!" Amber basically yells at the lady.

"Oh, ok..." and with that a doctor and two nurses came rushing around the corner.

"Down here..." they point is to a delivery room and she gets in a hospital gown immediately.

"Ok Amber, I'm gonna need you to breath nice and deep for me..." the doctor says as he puts on gloves. She nods and takes deep breaths. "Ok, now push for me honey." the doctor remained very calm.

"Ugh!!!" Amber yells and squeezes my hand so hard I think she might break it.

"Ok, almost there just one more!" Amber groans and I hear crying. They show us the baby, then take him to clean him off.

"And here is your beautiful baby boy..." one of the nurses says as she hands Amber the baby.

"He's beautiful..." she looks up at me and gives me a kiss, then she kisses his head lightly. I smile and a small tear runs down my cheek. This is the best day of my life.

"Here, lemme take him... You need some rest" I say to Amber she nods and hands me him cautiously. I sit in the chair and look down at our baby boy, and smile.

Amber's POV

I woke up and I saw Blake in the corner of the room. He was rocking him back and forth. I nearly cried at the sight. He laid him in his cart and walked over to me.

"He's asleep, the nurse will be in with release papers soon." he kisses my head and I smile.

"Thanks babe..."

"Did it hurt?" he asks, I just laugh.

"Hell ya it hurt!" I shout a little but he shushes me "but I'd only do it for you and the baby..." I smile at him and hold my arms out for a hug.

He leans down and hugs me. I move over so he can lay next to me. I kiss his lips lightly, and he starts kissing me passionately. We were interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Come in" I say, it's the nurse from the front desk.

"Oh, glad to see your awake. Ok so he was 23" long, 7lbs 9 oz, 4:12 in the afternoon. And what is his name?"

"Joshua Michael... Oh and I apologize for shouting at you before..." she laughs at my statement.

"Oh it's ok, I know where you were coming from... My baby girl is 3 months old now" she shows us a picture.

"She beautiful..." Blake says.

"Thank you... Well Dr. Harris says you can leave tomorrow night." she heads towards the door "Beautiful name by the way..." I smile at her and she walks out.

"You'll make a great mother..." Blake kisses my temple.

"Thanks babe. Oh crap! Speaking of mothers..." I jump up a little.

"Already called everyone... They'll be here tomorrow morning."

"Blake, your amazing. I don't know why I'd do with out you." I kiss him and we begin to makeout, but Joshua said he wanted a diaper change.