Chapter 3 ~ The Big Games.

Annabeth POV

Ever since that night, things has been odd. The gods and everyone is just as confused as I was.

Even Chaos himself.

Which is completely odd considering that both Chaos and Order seemed to be sort of like a yin and the yang. If one of those brothers didn't know something the other one did or they both knew.

Everyone is either wondering if it is like a time machine, that Leo could possibly build, or that this was just a huge prank.

But it is different in the Athenian cabin.

We believe it has something to do with the fact that Delta is the only one that is awake. And being one of the Great Three.

Chaos told us that he does believe in our theories. He also told us that he will go find out more information about the Spirits he called them.

"Annabeth." A voice cut through my thinking. I looked around to remember that I was sitting on the grass beside Piper, Emily, Hazel, and Rachel.

"Uh? Sorry what did you say?" Piper rolled her eyes.

"I asked you what do you think about the tournament going on tonight?" Piper repeated kind of annoyed, but thrilled.

"I don't know what to think really, what about you girls?" I asked keeping the conversation up.

"I think it's kind of funny, and a little cool." Rachel said.

"Well, boys will be boys." Hazel sighed as she brushed her fingers across diamonds that appeared under her fingers.

"Well, I think it's going to be fun." Piper said with a smile.

"Tell me again. What is this 'Tournament' again?" Emily asked as if it was some sort of new technology.

"Once a year, Chiron hosts the Tournament for a group of boys in each cabin choose where to go on a little field trip for a few weeks to stay at."

"For an example, If the group of boys in the Hermes cabin wants to go to a Taylor Swift concert, and they win. The cabin gets to pick only 6 other people to go with them. Most of the time the Hermes' group only picks the worst trips to torment the unlucky 6." Piper explained to Emily. Emily nodded her head slowly understanding the gist of the big tournament.

"Why is it still going on? Due to the fact of the most powerful psychotic manic in existence is out there in the world?"

"Good question." Hazel stated gaining all of our attentions. We looked at her waiting for answer.

"Like I said, Boys will be boys. Annoying, and Oblivious." Hazel summed it up. I kind of agreed with her. We should all be here, preparing for any unsuspecting attacks but no, The boys insisted they continue the tradition after 500 years.

"Come on girls, I mean, in each group, there is always a powerful Demi-God, no monster would dare to go near. Plus, Leo made a device that could eliminate the stench of Demi-Gods to Monsters from the entire world for a couple hours." Rachel stated. Both Emily and I opened our mouths.

"Try that with a Primordial God." We said at the same time. We looked at each other and nodded at each other.

Then a alarm blared back towards the center of the Camp. Rachel and Piper stood up and dragged all of us to the Colosseum.

___________

Nick POV

The competitors was all in the basement of the Colosseum. No, it's not like it was back in ancient Rome times. It was more like a luxury apartment.

Anyways I was in the bathroom at the sink. My hands gripped the cold metal edges of the white sink.

I breathed heavily as I my face tickled with the cold water dripping from everywhere on my face. I cupped my hands underneath the water. When the water filled to my thumbs I pressed my hands to my face.

The cold water covered my warm wet tears. I looked up to see myself in the mirror.

I lost Uncle Shane. He was the closest to a father figure. I get that people that was made immortal hated his guts. But to bully him for this long?

I kind of hated them for it.

But Uncle Frank, Uncle Leo, and even Uncle Jason hated my Uncle. When people walked by him they would trip him, push him, knock his food out of hands, kick him when he is down.

I loved him.

He treated me like as his own. My mom let him help raise me. There was some times that Uncle Shane tried to kiss Mom.

Mom would always kick him in the groin, and punch him in the throat. That kind of bothered me a bit.

But Uncle Shane was there for me when I had my first bully. He taught me how to fight, how to be able to trick people with the flow and my words. He helped me with my powers, and releasing my anger into power.

I remember that some nights he would cry and just stare at Dad's bed. Always heaving when he couldn't catch his breath. He would sob in my arms after I said or did something what my Dad would do.

I remember one night I slept in Dad's bed and when I woke up I saw Uncle Shane above me poking my cheek saying

"Percy? Is that you?"

He missed his big brother. He blamed himself every day after what he has done.

People say that Dad was the greatest Demi-God to ever lived, and they are right everyone loved him, he was a legend! But everyone knew that Uncle Shane is by far the most powerful Demi-God to ever live.

He'd use his pain, grief, misery, anger, and self hate, all to his power with that power he gained stamina, he could hold a hurricane and a tide wave for at least six hours on land!

Now he's gone.

I heard three bangs on the bathroom door. Followed by a worried voice of Uncle Leo.

"Kid? You good?"

I quickly turned off the water and whipped my face with my sleeve and opened the door.

Uncle Leo's elvish, worried face met my smile.

"I'm ready Uncle Leo. Let's go." He looked at me before nodding.

"Okay bud, let's go." Leo said leading me out of my room and up the stairs into the Colosseum.

This was my First Tournament without Uncle Shane. And I swear it on him I will win this in both the name of him and Dad. Maybe if in some world in whatever time..

They are best friends.

__________

Jason POV

The fastest boys competing placed their feet behind the other and got ready to run a 150 meter dash.

The others and I made sure that we are going to make sure Nick wins. This will be his first without Shane. We all knew that Nick wants to win this in his name. So we plan to give him a challenge but go a tad bit easy on him.

"Get set..." Chiron started.

"Ready..."

"Go!" Chiron yelled after a whistle blew. Every camper that didn't participate was in the stands cheering.

I know some girls that is actually faster then almost most of the boys but they don't compete.

Pfft, girls.