Chapter Nine

Ash and I leave the office, and put our horses in the trailer. "Ready?" Jack asks. "Ya, let's go." Ash smiles. We get in the truck, and leave HeartLand to the Hudson Showgrounds.

When we get there, the place is full of people, and my stomach turns. I lived in a small town, so not many people came to the rodeos. "Tana, you okay?" I hear, snapping me out of my shock. "Oh, ya I'm fine." I lie.

We go to the trailer, and Ash, Georgie, and I take out our horses. "Bulldogging contestants to the arena with your horses." The announcers says. "See ya." Ash smiles. I nod to him, as he heads to the arena entrance, and I go to the stands to watch. 

 "Welcome to the Hudson Rodeo! Today we have 2 different competitions, bulldogging and cutting,  with 3 classes each, beginner, intermediate, and Expert. We are going to start out today with a little warm up, welcome the Hudson Extreme Team!" The announcer yells through the intercom. The crown stands from their seats, and 10 horses come galloping out, with a girl on each. Georgie in the second to come out. They all gallop around the arena, each holding Canada's flag. They drop the flags, and each come to a stop. 

 The first girl gallops around, standing on her horse, then going under it's neck. She goes to the end of the line and Georgie comes. She drags on the right side of her horse, then on the back.  The crowd stands and cheers, as Georgie goes to the end. Everyone else goes, then each take a lap around the arena and head out.

 We go through 10 beginner bulldoggers, 7 intermediate, and 3 experts, Ash comes on. "Next, is Ash Borden, he must beat Thomas Stan's time of 7.63 seconds." The announcer says. The crowd sits at the edge of their seats, as we wait for Ash to give them the signal. He does a slight nod, and the cow bolts out of the box, with Ash and Blaze right behind, before I know it, a whistle sounds, and Ash and the cow are on the ground. I look at the time board, and it says 3.953 seconds. The crowd goes crazy.

 Only moments after congratulating Ash, I was called to the arena entrance. I walk over with Nebraska, and see the cattle in the arena. Everyone goes, and I go last. "Tana Parks, must beat the time of 2 minutes by Taylor Jenks." I go into the arena and pick out a cow. I cut her out of the herd, and start. Everything goes into slowmo, and it seems as Nebraska does everything. I hear a buzz, and I stop. "TANA PARKS BEAT THE HUDSON RODEO RECORD! SHE DID THE FULL 2 1/2 MINUTES!" The announcer yells, everyone stands and claps, with some screaming.\

 I ride out of the arena, and hop off of Nebraska. "Tana!" I see Ash running up to me. He picks me up and spins me. We look into each other's eyes as he comes to a stop. "Tana?" I hear. I turn to see my aunt, and my daughter.

A/N

Hey,

 I got it out! So in there there is a little easter egg to my first Heartland book, go look for it! Im going to try and post more. I hope you like! What do you think so far? Keep going or end the book?

-Baylie <3