Chapter One

I get off of the plane, and head to the baggage claim. I grab my black case off of the conveyor belt, and head to the waiting room. I look around and see a girl, with strawberry blonde hair, holding a sign with my name. "Tana?" She asks as I walk up to her. "Ya." I say quietly. "Hi, I'm Amy Fleming, Jacks granddaughter." She holds out her hand for me to shake it.

We go outside to a blue older looking truck. I put my luggage in the back, and get up front with Amy. "So, tell me about yourself." She smiles. "I'm 16, my parents both died, as well with my brothers in a plane crash. I have a horse named Nebraska." I say, looking out of he window. "Cool." She says. "What about you?" I ask, now looking at her.  "Well, I am 38, married to Ty, and I have a son named Ash. I train horses at HeartLand. My mom died when I was 16 and my dad left when I was 4 but came back when my mom died." She tells me.

The rest of the 30 minute rude we talk about horses. "How long have you been riding?" Amy asks. "I started when I was 2. When I was 7, my neighbor died and left Nebraska to me." I answer. "You?" I ask. "Ever since I was born. My Mom and Dad got me a pony when I was 2, but I always rode with them growing up." She smiles.

When we get to HeartLand, a bunch of people are standing outside. We get out, and Amy introduces me to everyone, Lou Katie Georgie Jack Lisa Tim Ty and Ash. We being my stuff up to the attic, where I will share a room with Georgie. I unpack my stuff, just a Georgie comes up.

She is he same age as myself, wears pants and a flannel, and her hair slicked back in a tight ponytail. "Hey," She says, sitting on her bed. "Hi." I reply. We hear a car drive in, and we look out to see a mail truck, with a trailer behind. "Yes!" I say, jumping up and running downstairs.

I run out of the door, just as Jack is signing the  papers. I run in back, open the trailer and get Nebraska out. The mail man waves goodbye, and leaves with the trailer behind. "This must be Nebraska." Amy says, petting my horse. "Ya." I smile at the beautiful bay, with a strip on her face and a white boot in her ankle.

I bring her into the small barn, and settle her into a stall. "Can she do anything cool?" Georgie asks. "Well, she use to do cutting, I jump her for fun, she responds to her name, and does liberty work." I answer. "Amy does that with her horse Spartan." Georgie says. "Is Amy like the family's pride and joy or something? Everyone talks about her." I say blandly.

"She is called the miracle girl by Huston, she is well known, when on a European tour with a prince, and has non stop horses to help." She tells me, in a rude way. "Sorry, didn't know." I sat with a smirk. "DINNER!" We hear Lou call from the house. We walk there, silent. I haven't even been here for a day, yet I already made someone hate me.

We eat dinner, and talk about the next day. "So Tana, I started you for Highschool starting in 2 days. You are going to the same school as Georgie." Jack says. "Okay." I say. "We can go get you stuff tomorrow." Amy smiles. I give a fake smile back, and poke at my left over food with my fork. "May I please be excused?" I ask, looking up slightly. "Sure." Lou says.

I get up nd go upstairs. I go to my and Georgie's room, and get dressed in my pajamas. I crawl into my small bed, and close my eyes. I think of what life will be like here in HeartLand, without any of my family. What will my life turn out like?