Chapter Seven

"Tana wake up!" Georgie yells, throwing a pillow at my face. "Why did you wake me? It is Sunday, we have no school." I yawn. "We have to herd the cattle into Big River." She says, putting boots on. "Ugg." I moan, getting up from bed, and going to the closet to get cloths. I get dressed, and head downstairs.

 I get a large coffee cup, and pour coffee in it. "I didn't know you drank coffee." Lou yawns. "I usually don't, but it is 5 in the morning, I think I need it." I say, sitting down. "Nope get up, we are going now, thank you, come on." Tim says, barging into the house, and taking the coffee from  Lou. "That wasn't.. never mind." Lou says, turning to pour herself another cup. 

 "Can I at lest finish the coffee?" I ask. "No." Tim says, taking the coffee from my hands, and dragging me outside. "Saddle up Nebraska." He rushes. "Fine." I snarl, taking Nebraska out of her stall, and saddling her up.

 In 5 minutes, Jack, Tim, Georgie, Amy, Ty, and I are herding the cattle to Big River. "Watch this." I say, getting on Nebraska as everyone else eats for a break. I go to the herd, and pick out a cow. I drive it away from it's  herd, and start cutting. "How long was that?" I ask, after letting the cow back to it's herd. "The full 2 1/2 minutes." Amy answers. "Did you ever do cutting?" Georgie asks. "Ya, I won a belt 5 years in a row at my local rodeo." I answer. "You should enter in Hudson Rodeo." Amy suggests. "Nah." I say. "You should, you're amazing." Tim adds. "See! Even Tim agrees! And he never agrees!" Georgie points out. "Fine." I give in.

Hey,

Sorry again for the short chapter. How do you like the book so far? Better than my original Heartland fanfic? Also, fun fact. Nebraska was a real horse. She was the first horse I ever rode when I was 7. We were super close. She died in 2010 or 2011. It hurts too much to remember the exact date. Her owner let me keep her tail, and it hangs above my bed. Is that weird? Leave questions and I'll answer them next chapter. About the book, Heartland, or my life!

-Baylie