Chapter Two

I wake up to the sound of Georgie scattering around the room. "Where the hell are you going?" I ask tired. "School, I have it today, you don't." She says rudely. "How about you let me
sleep then?" I sass back. "How about you get your lazy ass up and do stuff around the ranch." Georgie yells.

"Georgina!" Lou says getting up the stairs. "Have to go." She says, shoving last Lou with he backpack. "Sorry about her." Lou apologized. "It's fine, I have dealt with people a lot worst." I say, getting up. "Now that your up, can you go muck out the stalls?" She asks. "Ya sure, I'll be out in a sec." I tell her. "Thanks." She says, closing the door.

I get up and dress in pants and a tee shirt. I go downstairs and get my boots on, and I go out to the barn. "Hey." I say, as I see Ash, polishing the tack. "Hey sleepy head." He teases. "Shut up. I was just in a 5 hour flight." I laugh, grabbing the stuff to muck with. "Tell me about yourself." Ash demands, after I start to muck Spartan, Amy horses stall. "I'm 16, my family died in a plane crash. I have a horse named Nebraska." I say. "I can tell you are leaving something out." Ask says after a moment of quite. "No." I lie. "Come in, you can trust me." He insists.

"When I was 14 I was raped by my boyfriend, I got pregnant. I had a little girl, and she is with my aunt in Arizona. When I'm 18 or my aunt dies I get her back." I say quickly. He doesn't say a word. "This is why I didn't want to tell you." I say, slamming the brake down, and getting Nebraska out of her stall.

"No no, I'm just shocked." Ash said. "Whatever." I snarled, and hoped in Nebraska, bareback and with only a halter, I rode her off. I rode her down the driveway, until I met Amy. "Hey, where are you going." She asks. "A ride." I say rudely. "What happened." She asked. "Nothing." I say, moving Nebraska, but Amy moves Spartan in out way. "Tana..." She says with sympathy. "I told Ash I had a kid, let's just say he didn't take it well." I tell her. "Let's go get your school stuff." Amy says, ignoring what I just said. "Fine." I say, turning Nebraska around.

We go into town, and to a few shops. I get a black backpack and binder, with a red folder. "Thanks." I say, as we get into the car. "No problem." Amy smiles. We drive home, taking about horses. "Can I ask you something." I ask, scaring Amy a bit. "Anything." She tells me. "What do you think of me having a kid, tell me the truth." I ask. "I think it is sad that someone could... do what happened to you, and then the state take your child from you." She says, looking at the road the whole time.

"I think of her all of the time. I just wish I could see her." I say quite. "What is her name?" Amy asks, now looking at me. "Mia, but I'm not allowed to talk to her, I am apparently not mentally stable enough." I tell her. "What do you mean?" She asks, with worry in her voice. "When I could out I was pregnant, I took pills, lots of them. My parents found me in Nebraska's stall, and took me to the hospital before I the pills were in my system. Then, when Mia was born, I had her for a week, but I cut myself all of the time." I tell her.

"Oh.." Amy says, trying not to seem rude. "I don't do it anymore... well not much." I tell her. "Maybe if you stop, we can see if you can get custody of her." Amy says. I doubt it." I say sadly.