Chaper Four

I wake up before I open my eyes, and I sit there for a moment, hesitating to wake up, but then, the strong smell of bacon comes through the door. I jump out of bed, and start to run out the door. But, the ground is too cold, so I quickly put a pair fluffy socks on. I run down the stairs, and to the kitchen.

"Someone is up early." Lou smiles, flipping a piece of bacon. "I smelt bacon." I smile, taking a piece off the plate. "So, what are your plans?" She asks. "Well, I'm doing some work around the ranch, then I'm taking Nebraska on a ride." I answer, taking a bite of the crispy bacon. "Do you think when your done, you can help me out at the Dude Ranch?" Lou asks, looking from the sizzling bacon to me. "Ya sure, I'll ride Nebraska there." I answer.

Once I finish my food, I go out and muck the stalls. "Hey." I say, as I walk into the barn, and see Georgie mucking some stalls. "I can do this. You go ride or something." I tell her, taking the pitchfork. "I got it." She snaps. "What the hell did I do to make you hate me?" I snarl. "You asked why everyone loved Amy so much." She tells me. "And?" I ask, crossing my arms. "It was rude." She tells. "Well I'm sorry for wondering." I snap, taking Nebraska out of the barn, and jumping on her, riding to the Dude Ranch.

When I get to the ranch, Lou is there. "Hey, what was it you wanted me to do?" I ask, hopping off Nebraska and putting her in a stall. "Can you get cabin 3 ready?" She asks. "Ya sure." I say, going into the cabin.

When I come out after cleaning the room, I see Lou talking to some people. "Tana come here!" Lou waves me over. "Hey... Emily?" I ask, after walking over and seeing a familiar face. "Tana!" Emily says, jumping into my arms.

"Mr and Mrs.Baker!" I say, after putting Emily down,  and I go hud the man and woman, who were Emily's parents. "You know them?" Lou asks, confused. "Ya, Emily and I grew up together." I answer excitedly. "How are you?" Emily asks. "Fine." I say.

A/N
Hey,

Sorry for not updating. I have been pretty busy. Any who, sorry for the short chapter. I hope you like the book so far! Tell me what you think! Also, my other HeartLand book, (which is finished) is almost at 2k reads! It is gaining about 100-200 reads a day, so by this Saturday I should have 2k. See you soon!

-Baylie<3

P.S.
Can someone please make a good cover for this book? They will get credit! Thanks!

Every horse
Deserves to be loved
By a little girl
At least once in it's life.