730 Reasons| Niam Horayne

Liam smiled as he walked up to Niall's room at the hotel. It was their two year anniversary and Liam wanted to make it special. He had brought chocolate and something concealed in a bag.

He knocked on the door, but no one answered. He put his ear to the door, listening for signs that Niall was still in his room. He heard something that sounded like crying.

Crying? Liam tried to listen again.

Maybe Niall was just missing home again.

Liam knew that Niall really missed Ireland and his family. He hated seeing his boyfriend in this state.

Liam hesitantly opened the door, not knowing what to expect when he walked in, he saw Niall scrunched up in a ball in front of the mirror. Liam hurriedly sat his gifts down on the big bed, and ran over to Niall. He pulled him into a tight hug.

"What's wrong angel?" Liam asked, looking at the smaller boy's red, puffy face. Niall didn't acknowledge the question, just leaned more into Liam's touch, bawling even more.

"Come on Nialler. What's going on inside that pretty little head?" Liam pressed on.

After about a minutes pause, Niall looked over to Liam and whispered,"'M not pretty."

"Yes you are," Liam smiled at his boyfriend, stroking his cheek.

Niall just shook his head. Liam tilted his chin up and looked Niall in the eyes.

"What made you think that you aren't beautiful love?"

Niall just shrugged and Liam noticed the phone in his hand. He gently took it from Niall's hand and unlocked it. It pulled up a post on Instagram from a random girl. He didn't look at who it was, just what they said.

"DID ANYONE ELSE SEE WHAT NIALL HORAN WAS WEARING TODAY? HE LOOKED SO FAT AND UGLY." This was the caption under a picture of Niall earlier today out in public wearing a tank top. Liam instantly felt fire in his heart. How could anyone say that about his precious Niall?

"They were just a meanie Nialler. You are still the most gorgeous person on the planet to everyone else, especially me," Liam took Niall's hand in his own and kissed it.

"I don't feel like it," Niall said squishing his arm. It wasn't fat at all. That girl had just made him feel like it was. Liam sighed and walked over to the bag, and pulled out a jar full of tiny pieces of paper. He handed it to Niall who sniffled and took it from his hand unenthusiastically.

"What's... what's this?" Niall said, tears still flowing down his red face.

"730 reasons why I love you."

"What do you mean 730 reasons why you love me? Why so many?"

"Niall don't you remember?" Liam said eyeing Niall who now wore a confused look on his face.

"Remember what?"

"Today is our two year anniversary. It's been 730 days since we got together," Liam smiled at Niall whose face lit up slightly.

"You mean to tell me... you wrote..."

Liam cut Niall off.

"A reason why I love you everyday for the past two years."

"How were you able to write so many?" Niall looked at Liam.

"Oh Niall. There are so many reasons to love you," Liam said opening the jar and pulling out a piece of paper.

"Your smile. It brightens up my day every time that I see it. I never have bad days when I'm with you." He took out another one.

"Your eyes. They are like the ocean. I could sail in them all day long." Liam smiled looking into Niall's blue eyes.

"Your laugh. Oh your infectious laugh. Whenever you laugh, I can't help but laugh along with you. It is the best song that I have ever heard."

Niall looked at Liam for a moment, then pulled into a tight hug. He was still crying, but under those tears was a faint smile.

"Want to read some more while we eat chocolate?" Liam said into Niall's ear. He could feel Niall nod lightly. He let go of the small boy, wiping his tears. Liam walked over to the bed grabbing the chocolate. He handed it to Niall and sat back down on the floor. They dug into the box and once he got the candy into his mouth, Niall smiled.

"There's that sunshine smile that I missed," Liam said pinching Niall's cheek. Niall smiled even wider.

The boys ate all of the chocolate the Liam had brought, reading the slips of paper between bites. Niall's sunshine smile was so big by the end of the night, Liam was afraid that his face might crack under the pressure.

Originally written June 26,2017
Published August 2,2017

a/n: Hello! I hope that y'all liked this chapter! I think that now would be a perfect opportunity to say that each and every one of you is beautiful in your own way. And I would also like to say that what was said about Niall being "fat" I completely disagree with, it was just part of the story line.

Much love,
KT