Signature| Niam Horayne

Niall felt bad for Liam, he always felt bad when he was nervous. His hands were always shaky and sweaty when he was scared, and this made him feel just awful. His fingers were interlocked with Liam's as they were walking into the tattoo parlor. Today was the day, Niall was getting his first tattoo.

"It's going to be ok love. I promise. Just look at all of my tattoos, I've been brave and so can you," Liam said, tilting Niall's chin up and giving him a forehead kiss.

Niall gave him a shaky smile as they entered through the doors. They were greeted by a pretty ginger girl who had a bunch of tattoos up her arms.

"Hello! How may I help you today?" she said looking intently at the boys.

"Well, Niall here is looking to get a tattoo," Liam said putting an around Niall's waist and pulling him closer protectively. The ginger put a fake smile, and ushered them to an empty room in the back. She took Niall by the wrist (earning a glare from Liam) and led him to a chair. He sat down, still trembling and looked up to Liam who gave him a small smile.

"So what are you wanting done?" the ginger said puffing her chest out at Niall.

"I'm thinking that I'm going to get Liam here's signature on my wrist," he said pointing to his right wrist.

"Ok," she huffed," must be really good friends."

"Boyfriends, actually," Liam said glaring at her in a 'don't-you-even-think-about-flirting-with-him' kind of way.

She breathed in (taking a while to fill up her lungs completely) and just "mmmed" in response.

"Need an inhaler hun?" Liam said sarcastically.

"Let me just get some ink. What color would you like sweetie?" she said grinning at Niall, ignoring Liam.

"Black's fine, thanks," Niall said shyly.

"Ok. Be right back," the ginger said turning around and walking out of the room- making sure to sway her hips noticeably.

"How are you feeling love?" Liam asked, holding Niall's hand and smiling down at him.

"Still nervous, and the fact that the ginger is being overly nice doesn't make it better," Niall said while wiping the sweat off of his brow.

"My hand will be here for you to hold the whole time. I promise," Liam said taking Niall's hand into his own and bringing it to his lips. He kissed it lightly as the tattoo artist walked back in.

"Here's the ink. Are you ready for your first tat?" the ginger said walking over to Niall and sitting down beside him, making sure to flash her "upper half" in his face as she sat.

"I guess... is there somewhere for Liam to sit?" Niall said starting to go pale in the face, looking around.

"There is a chair in the hall that he can go grab if he needs it," the girl said scoffing at Liam who was looking hopeful.

"Ok. Be right back love," Liam said," Oh and here is a copy of my signature for the tattoo." Liam handed over a small piece of paper with his autograph on it.

" Liam handed over a small piece of paper with his autograph on it

"Thank you," she said not looking at Liam while taking the paper.

Liam walked into the hall, but then got an idea. He walked over to another tattoo artist and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Could you help me with something ma'am?"

"Sure. Whatcha need?" she said turning around and smiling-a genuine smile- at him.

"I was wondering if you could get me a tattoo of this in black," Liam said handing over a note with Niall's signature on it," on my right wrist."

" 'F course I can! Just let me get some ink, I'll be right back," she said walking away to another room

" 'F course I can! Just let me get some ink, I'll be right back," she said walking away to another room. She came back with a container of ink and led Liam to the same room that Niall was in. He sat on the chair that was in front of Niall's.

"Whatcha doin' Li?" I didn't know that you were getting something done today..." Niall said turning around excitedly and looking into Liam's eyes.

"It's a surprise," Liam said tapping Niall on the chin and smirking.

"Oh ok...," Niall said kind of disappointed," can you still hold my hand?"

Liam noticed the hopeful glint in his eye and smiled. " Of course angel," Liam whispered grabbing his hand and interlocking their fingers.

The two tattoo artists watched this with very different expressions. The one that Liam talked to about his tattoo was sweetly smiling, while the ginger was glaring at the couple.

"Are you guys ready?" they both asked.

"Ready as I will ever be," Niall said looking at the mm. Liam nodded in agreement. He squeezed Niall's hand as the loud machine started up.
~~~~~~~
"That wasn't too bad now was it?" Liam asked Niall who was pale as a ghost.

"I guess not... I'm hungry now though," Niall said as he sat up in the chair, looking at his tattoo.

"We can go to Nando's!" Liam said looking at Niall, admiring his curiosity about how the tattoo turned out.

"Sounds great!" Niall said, smiling at Liam, "we need to pay first though."

"Ok, I've got it," Liam said taking Niall's hand and taking him to the check-out counter. The nice lady named Caroline-Alyse took his money, while the ginger sat in the back on her phone.

"Thank you ma'am," he said smiling at Caroline-Alyse. "And to you," Liam said looking at the ginger while kissing Niall on the cheek," I hope that you have a wonderful day!" She looked up and rolled her eyes, clearly hearing sarcasm in Liam's voice. He winked at Caroline- Alyse then the boys walked out of the tattoo parlor hand in hand.

"Nando's?" Niall said looking up at Liam, eyes twinkling.

"Sure sunshine, he said.
~~~~~~~
Liam removed his feet from Niall's lap, got up and threw his cup from Nando's away.

"That was wonderful. 'M full now," Niall said yawning. "'M ready for a nap."

"Me too," Liam said snuggling up to Niall on the couch. He faced Niall and pulled a blanket over both of them.

"What tattoo did you end up getting? I never asked."

"Just your signature."

Originally written June 13,2017
Published August 1,2017

a/n: So I finally got both of my ships in this book :) Hope that y'all enjoyed them.

KT