"Thanks for the offer, but I am a bit busy anyways" I laughed, Lexie shrugged her shoulder and hopped back her way to the Intern lounge. Believe it or not, the we never hung out there, it stank with strong alcohol. Anyways, I looked back at the time and to my surprise it was only about 10 minutes left for there interview. I looked around nervously, we had to get out of here. Rushing down to the Cafeteria, I was able to spot Zayna talking to her peers. "ZAYNA!" Going to the interview was so important to the us, especially me, there was something secretive my family kept from others that was attached to Peters Brooke Hospital.

Zayna heard my voice, and her eyes widened. "Let's go!" she said. We both made a run down to the front doors and quickly exited out. Both of our hearts raced uncontrollably. Time is key in a surgeons life, without that you are done for it. We met Hana and Maryam on the way and sat in the car, Zayna quickly drove us to the area. It wasn't so far but yes a good exact 10 minutes-drive. Those ten-minutes felt like forever though, my stomach was yearning for food, and it kind of always did whenever I got nervous. Interviews are freaky especially when the boss is staring at you solemnly and you are trying to bring in a brighter mood.

We managed to make it inside, upon us approached a young man, preferably a few years older than us. "Zayna, come this way" he said. The girls and I eyed Zayna in confusion, it finally rung a bell when she mouthed cousin. We all walked behind him, and went up the elevator. 

My eyes couldn't stop scanning every inch of the hospital, it felt like a dream. As soon as I stepped into the hospital everything around me zoned out and it felt like I was in my paradise, it was something he cherished a lot, and did not want to bring him down. The walls were painted fresh light blue, and it was a cute hospital, kids were running around, elevators were made of glass, the tiles were spotless and shiny. 

They came upon a room, and Bilal motioned Zayna to go first. Zayna's heart raced, she can feel her cheeks burning ever so endlessly, waving a goodbye she stepped inside and her heart dropped as she came face to face with Dr. Peters, the man all surgeon praised to be like. I noted her tense shoulders, as Zayna walked in, we all just sat there, waiting for their turn to come. Bilal was leaning beside the door, bored out of his mind, he kind of didn't want Zayna to come, but professionalism came first, he couldn't just say no. He knew that when she would work, Zayna was probably going to regret it.

A group of doctors walked towards us, "new interns?" My heard distinctly, trying not to eavesdrop but they were loud.

"Doubt they will make it" A doctor chuckled on the side. My eyes were for some reason glued to the floor, I furrowed my eyebrows, 'did he just say we won't make it?!'

"If they have a hand of a goddess, I'll be getting the best one" Another voice beamed, my voice scoffed at the comment, My eyes had caught something unusual, it was the name tag. Dr. Hamza, Neurologist. PhD, Md. My eyes were wide as I gazed at him walk away, I was baffled to see a Muslim top Neurologist. Okay, I am lying, I was baffled that I kinda saw him right before my eyes because I stalked his works, studying all his successes.

It wasn't too long, Zayna's turn was done and I was up. Zayna came out of the room looking well established, it pointed out that her interview went definitely well. Bilal motioned me to go next, my hands started to shiver and stomach growled in nervousness. This was probably the scariest moment, I started to feel very hot under my hijab. Walking up towards the door, "you'll be fine" Zayna whispered. A short smile occurred on my lips before I reached inside. There he stood, a man, actually a fine man, in his 50's with his hand out to greet me. This situations were the worst, they are such cringe moments. Looking down at his hands, and back up at his face, my stomach started to growl.

"Hi sir, with all due respect, religiously I do not sha –

"Oh, No need! Sorry Doctor Aiyla" He laughed. My cheeks flustered pink once he called out my name by the title doctor.