My cat died

"Hey hey hey, what the fuck are you doing guy?" I yell at the fat lazy cop, who's standing near my car.

"Officer Hughes! And you're parked in a loading zone!" He states firmly continuing to write my ticket and not paying me much mind.

"I was only gone for 3 fucking minutes!" He stares at me for a brief second and then looks back at the ticket.

"You have a potty mouth, don't you," he states carelessly, still continuing not to look at me, which is pretty fucking rude. If you're going to write someone an unnecessary ticket, for no apparent reason, then at least have the decency to look them in the face.

"And you're fat, wait are we stating the obvious?" I push further boldly. I don't give a flying fuck about how I talk to authorities, what are they gonna do, throw me in jail for speaking my mind. He's fat, stated the obvious.

"Hey, watch your mouth young lady. It's just a $55 dollar ticket. With the car you're driving, I'm pretty sure you can pay the damn amount!" He states smartly while slapping the ticket onto my forehead and walking his obese ass to his car, probably to finish those fucking powder doughnuts.

"Fuck you!" I yell while giving him the finger. He raises an eyebrow, basically saying "don't tempt me to lock your ass up". Trust me; I'll have his badge number and him on his ass out of a job, only if I was really that ruthless.

"What a rude fucking cunt!" I state while snatching the sticky ticket from my forehead and quickly getting into my car. I just got back from getting my hair styled and cut and now I'm picking up my dry cleaned shirts! I toss them carelessly into my back seat and climb into my car. I immediately get a text from Ollie stating...

Olivia: Hey, can we meet up for lunch?
Me: Yeah, sure.

I automatically know where we're meeting up, so I just head right on over to our spot. I still have that date with Nyla tonight and I have no fucking idea where I'm taking her. It takes her 11 minutes to arrive and about that time, my food arrived which was a bacon burger and steak fries, I've actually stopped eating this entire week to savor this moment, deep down I knew me ending up here was bound to happen.

She sits in the seat across from me and reaches for my fries, but I quickly slap her hand away.

"I hope you know there's a menu to the left of you," I state stuffing my face with the fallen bacon pieces. She stares hungrily at my burger and I have no remorse for her right now.

"So, why you ask me to lunch?" I question-raising my eyebrows curiously.

"Chris proposed to me," she states again. I stare confused but to push her buttons and be dramatic, I state,

"WHOA, are you fucking serious! When did this shit happen? I'm shocked because you didn't just state this the other night. I'm excited for you Ollie, what the fuck do you want? A parade acknowledging that you are one of the many few younger couples to get married before 30?" I sarcastically rant. She rolls her eyes and tosses the wrapper from her straw at me.

"No dumbass, he proposed to me and I froze up," she states while pushing her blonde hair out of her face. She plays with the ring by spinning it around her finger.

"But you said yes, obviously," I scoff while taking another bite. I could tell her mouth was watering as she watched me chew. She ordered a small pizza and she can not wait for it to arrive. I guess she's really hungry.

"I didn't have an answer on the spot but everyone was staring, waiting anxiously to hear me say "yes" or "no"! I was so flabbergasted, that I croaked out yes. And Deck, it was a hideous heartburn one." She hides behind her hands as she buries her head in them. I make a disgusted face cause I can only imagine how she stated it .

"But you love Chris, don't you? The chemistry between you two is pretty fucking stunning, a love you'll only see in a movie almost." I state rolling my eyes at the constant conversations we have about how amazing of a person Chris is. Chris is transgendered and when we found out Chris use to be Crystal, it actually shocked us because he is just a fucking beautiful man. Ollie thought Chris was out of her league since she was use to getting the playboy/playgirl butch type of shit. When she fell in love with him it was the best thing that happened to her (she constantly stated that) and I became annoyed-so I blocked her. I had to unblock her a few days later.

"Chris is amazing, he's the one, but I don't think I'm ready Deck. I don't think I'm ready to walk down the aisle and say "I Do" as a commitment." I stare at her confused her annoyed. This burger is really fucking good. It truly amazes me how they get the char just right every time.

"Ollie, you're literally contradicting yourself, you said he's the one. You're getting fucking cold feet now and you just jumped in the goddamn fiancée box," I state truthfully. She groans out.

"Yeah, but-" she tries but I ignore her excuses.

"Listen, I think you're overthinking it, which is usually what happens down the first rodeo of marriage. You just have to sit yourself down and ask yourself are you ready for this type of commitment. I think you are, but I'm just your best friend who wants what's best for you, Chris is what's best for you. I know this because you love everything about the fucking guy, and I know you'll love being married to him." I state obviously while reaching for my cell that keeps vibrating. I glance at it and see it's a text from Nyla saying that she can't make the date.  And a text from Ky continually rambling on about how Jay is moving to California and didn't necessarily tell her.

Oh boo hoo!

"You know, when you are being so "ARGGGH, I hate the world", you're pretty okay." She smiles kindly at me. Maybe at the kind words I gave her. I promise I'm not this imbecile badass everyone makes me out to be, it's just an image. I glance up from my cell and stare at her as she fidgets more with the straw, smiling in Lala land. I guess my words really got to her.

"Right back at ya," I throw out.

I respond to Nyla asking "why?" She immediately texts...

Nyla: My cat died.

"Hey, if someone text you their cat died, what does that mean?" I question looking at Ollie as she takes a huge bite of her pizza. She stares dumbfounded.

"That...their cat actually died?" She questions confused.

"But what if they don't necessarily have a cat?" I remember when Ny and I were arguing and I asked her did she have a pet and she stated she has a dog, she said his name was Jasper or some shit.

"Then they don't want to see you or something? I don't know. Why are you asking such weird questions?" She questions mysteriously.

"I had a date tonight, with a girl that I really like, but she tells me her cat died. Wanna know what's the funny part of this whole situation?" I question her and she stares at me bored and shrugs her shoulders.

"Whats the hysterical part of the situation" she questions.

"She doesn't own a fucking cat," I smile hysterically and Ollie stares at me with wide eyes, maybe because of my outburst which was pretty weird and dramatic.

"I'm not even going to question how you know that, but you found someone? Who is she!?" Ollie questions enthusiastically biting into her pizza.

"I'll tell you more about her if I make it from square A to B," I state annoyedly while rising up an and snatching a slice of pizza from her pan. Oh, hot hot hot.

"Deck, you have to pay!" She yells angrily at me.

"Next time love...I swear lunch is on me," I smirk while quickly racing over to Nyla's place. I'm not stalking her, but I know something is wrong. I'm checking up on her well being.