Sound vs. Leaf!

We continued moving quickly through the forest. I kept my guard up and surveyed the area as we ran. Unfortunately, I can't just simply Flash Step there. It's not safe for me to cross such distance so quickly and I may end up in a trap.

They are aware of that ability and may be expecting it. For now, Shikamaru's plan is the best option. Hold on Sasuke. As we moved I sense an incredible, sickening, chakra. I nearly doubled over and placed my hand over my mouth and nose. My body is shaking. What is this? "Miyuna, what's wrong?" Neji questioned from behind me.

"Something's happening." I responded. We need to hurry. What are they doing?! Sasuke, what the hell have you gotten yourself into you stupid boy?

Okay Miyu, time to show what your training has done. Concentrate. Focus. Track down the different chakra signatures. After a bit of focusing, I easily located the sound and Sasuke's. Wait, there's two more. Wait, that chakra signature . . . the proctor from the third exam, Genma and another. And even further ahead are Shizune's and someone else's.

I'm not sure if they could win in a fight against them, but they will encounter them and slow them down a bit. "Kiba!" I shouted up ahead. From the front I could see him nod. "I know." Shikamaru looked back at me and then at Kiba. "What's going on?"

"There's the smell of blood not too far." Kiba explained. "And there were noticeable spikes of chakra belonging to the sound. But also Shizune and whoever her team was." Keeping my senses up, I zoned in on the sound. Their levels decreased and they're on the move again.

But I sense Shizune . . . she must be healing the injured. "Here's what happened, the scent of two newcomers converged on the scent of Sasuke and four others. The two have stayed behind while Sasuke's group moved on. So what now?" Kiba asked.

Hm. I see. If I remember correctly, Genma is a Jonin. That was a short battle . . . we're just a bunch of newbie's. Thing's aren't looking too great. "There's no question. We gotta go after Sasuke!" My brother declared.

I agree. Shizune is there and the Sound has moved on. "Who died and made you boss? Last time I checked Shikamaru is in charge and running the show. It's up to him to decide." Kiba shot back. Naruto just grunted.

"Our mission doesn't lie with the newcomers. It's simply to retrieve Sasuke and bring him back. That was what was assigned to us. However I will respect whatever decision you make Shikamaru." I spoke.

He glanced back at me. A knowing look in his eyes. I won't judge him for pulling them back. But I'm not giving up. Not by a long shot.

"If we go to the spot where they fought we might be able to gather some useful information. Course we can't just rush in. It might be a trap. So when we get closer we go into full reconnaissance mode and take it slowly." Information? We know that they created that barrier that nearly shattered my arm. We also know they bear curse marks and that they're strong.

If we go to the site, they'll just tell us how powerful they are. "And while we're doing that, Sasuke will have crossed beyond the borders of the Land of Fire and out of our hands." Neji spoke up.

He's got a point. "Okay Shikamaru, so what's it going to be?" My brother questioned. Nara thought about it for a bit. "We follow Sasuke." I internally sighed in relief while Naruto praised him for the decision he chose.

"One thing. These guys have already been in one fight so they'll be on their guard. Unless they're complete idiots, they'll have to know there is going to be more ninja on their trail. There's a good chance we'll hit some booby traps or an ambush up ahead."

"True. But them being in one fight is also an advantage. I sense Genma and Shizune, who are both Jonin. No matter how powerful they may be, they must have sustained some damage already. We however have yet to battle and are more energized then them. They are powerful, but there's a possibility it may have evened the playing field once we arrive." I said, thinking carefully.