A New Chapter Begins: The Chunin Exam!

I sure hope Naruto got his breakfast. But what can I say? I can't exactly stay by him 24/7. Ever since the whole Zabuza thing I've been hanging out with Sasuke more.

Like right now for instance. We had just gotten some dango and we're just walking through the village, killing time.

We're actually on or way to a little bridge over a creek where we're supposed to meet Kakashi. We were late, but who cares? Kakashi's going to be late anyway. I ate the last of my dango. "So how late do you think he's going to be this time?" I asked.

Sasuke thought about it for a bit. "Probably a couple of hours like usual." I sighed. Why can't he just change the times?

When we arrived Sakura and Naruto were already there and immediately a glaring contest broke out between the two boys.

I sighed and nudged Sasuke. "You two . . . uhg I don't even know where to begin. You two have been like this ever since we got back from the Land of Waves!" I groaned.

They chose to ignore me. Man what did I do to deserve this?

So we stood in absolute silence. I was in-between Sasuke and Naruto and you could cut the tension with a butter knife. Damn it Kakashi hurry up over here!

Finally he showed up and gave us another one of his lame excuses. Naruto was burning in excitement for a real mission. Ever since the Land of Waves we've been stuck on ridiculous missions like dog walking again.

And it's starting to get to Naruto. Once he had a taste of a B-class mission he wants more.

So you know what happened next? Naruto and Sasuke were in another glaring contest. I can't take this anymore! They're getting on my last damn nerves!

"Believe it!" Naruto yelled. He's probably imagining himself beating Sasuke or saving him. Something that makes him look cool. This teams going to be the death of me I swear.

And our new mission? Pulling weeds.

Ahh! What kind of ninja pulls weeds? This is a gardener's job! This is degrading. I was so busy pulling weeds and complaining to myself, I didn't notice Naruto's actions.

And I should have. Because he pulled out the plants and boy was that lady pissed. So I had to save him from her.

Next we picked up trash from the shallow part of a river. I was a bit scared, but stuck with it. It's not hard to stand and pick up cans and trash from the river. As long as I stayed in the shallow end I'll be fine.

And I was. But Naruto . . . oh he's a moron.

He had slipped and was carried by the stream to the waterfall. I was about to go after him when Sasuke stopped me managed to catch him. I sighed in relief but then sweat dropped when he called Naruto a loser.

Oh great. Next? Dog walking. Not hard right? Impossible to screw up huh? Well leave it to Naruto to pick the largest dog and let the dog walk him.

The dog pulled Naruto to a booby trapped area. I sighed and handed Sakura my leash. I then walked over and took Naruto's leash and tugged the dog in the correct direction. "Naruto, take my dog. You're exhausting to watch."

He was about to object but Sasuke took one leash from Sakura and shoved it to him. At least this way no one explodes. But . . . Naruto you're aging me.

So we were walking back, and of course Sasuke had said something to trigger Naruto. Before Naruto could do anything Sakura held him back. "If you keep this up I'll finish you off myself." I sighed and walked pass them and next to Sasuke.

So much for teamwork.

I'm tired. Sasuke noticed and sighed. "Sorry. Keeping up with Naruto must be exhausting. You want me to walk you home so you can rest?" he asked.

I smiled and shook my head. "No I'm fine. Thanks' for offering."

After a bit of walking in silence he spoke. "How about some sweets to lift you up?" he smiled a bit. I returned it and nodded.

So we walked to the sweets shop we frequently visited. The lady there is really nice, even to me. She smiled when she saw us. "Oh the lovebirds are back. What would you two like today?"

I blushed a bit when she said lovebirds but chose to ignore it.

I looked through the glass casing at the sweets. "Uhm . . . I'll have a Strawberry Tart please." I said. She nodded and looked at Sasuke. "I'll have the Chocolate Cheesecake." The lady smiled and quickly got us our requests. We sat on a bench outside and ate.

I smiled once the sweetness of the Strawberry Tart hit my tongue. This is just what the doctor ordered. I needed this.

Sasuke smiled and I looked at him questioningly. "It's good to see you like that. You look your age, not forty." I laughed and ate the rest.

This is something Sasuke and I did frequently. We'd always hang out around the village or eat sweets. Believe it or not, Sasuke loves chocolate. I didn't think he'd like any sweets. But he liked the sweet yet bitter chocolate.

After we finished we started walking again.

"So what are you going to do today?" I asked as we passed shops. "Nothing really. I was going to train some more. You want to watch again?" I smiled but didn't respond immediately. "Sounds good."

I stopped in my tracks. That's strange. "What is it?" Sasuke asked. I sniffed the air. "I smell something spicy and eel." I muttered. He raised an eyebrow telling me to explain. "Its chakra and it doesn't smell like any of the chakras from the people in the village either. And I smell . . . the sea too."

"So outsiders are in the village? Where?" Sasuke asked. I sniffed the air and jumped on top of rooftops in search of the smell. "Miyu wait!" Sasuke called jumping after me.

"Miyu wait! It could be dangerous!" I ignored him and continued.

That's not all I smell. I smell Naruto's, Sakura's, and Konohamaru's chakras too. And they're with the new smells. That's not good.

So I pushed myself harder to get there faster. Please let them be friendly. And they're not. Of course not! The universe can't give me a freaking break now can it?!

I threw my special kunai in front kitty ears and flash stepped in front him. "What?!" He asked shocked. I then punched him, hard, and he flew back and broke through the gate.

He had released Konohamaru and I caught him easily before flash stepping by Naruto and setting him down. "Miyu!" Naruto and Sakura shouted in relief.

I then glared at the girl who was staring at me in shock. Kitty ears stood and walked back to his sister. He did no look happy at all. "I've had a really bad day here so leave." I said irritably.

"Alright then girlie, let's see how you handle this." He reached for the thing on his back and the girl freaked out about it saying something about Crow.

I merely put my chakra empowered fists up. Bring it Kitty. Before he could do anything Sasuke jumped next to me and glared murderously at kitty boy.

I smirked. "Bring it cat boy. I dare you." I challenged. "You're a long way from home and you're way out of your league." Sasuke commented. And of course Sakura started fan girling. Even the girl behind the cat boy was blushing at Sasuke.

Typical response.

I sweat dropped at the scene before sensing powerful, sea smelling chakra. I turned fast to see a red headed boy standing upside down on a tree branch, arms crossed, staring at us.

Our eyes met and we stared at each other for a while. His eyes are a beautiful teal colored. And he has dark colored ink around his eyes and he has the kanji for love on his forehead above his left eye. He also has a gourd on his back.

After a bit of staring he spoke. "Kankuro, back off." He spoke. Sasuke tensed and everyone turned to see him.

They didn't notice him. And he radiates a scary aura. "You're an embarrassment to our village." He finished. Although I was absolutely terrified of him, I was also intrigued.

"Uh, hey Gaara." Kankuro said nervously. Oh? They're afraid of him too huh? Cowards.

I stared at the mystery boy for a bit. Well things have gotten more interesting. Sand genin are in our village. So that must mean the chunin exams will be starting soon.