Kunoichi Rumble: The Rivals get Serious!

"If you ask me, they're both pretty cocky." I stated as we listened to them both claim to end it quickly. Sakura nodded from next to me.

The other four eyes went to attack first with a simple strike. Kankuro managed to block it. However the other guys arm went all . . . flexible. Like rubber.

His body snaked around Kankuro like he had no bones in his body. Well that's freaky. "Whoa! What's up with that guy's body? That's freaky. I wish I could do that!" Naruto commented. My face twisted with displeasure. It's weird, freaky, unnatural, and it needs to end.

"I dislocated every one of my joints, softening my body. Then with my chakra, I can control it perfectly." Kabuto's team specialized in chakra control. With this guy and Sasuke's opponent, surely they have a special training. Both of the things they do require extreme chakra control.

I watched as kitty still had that cocky attitude even when in the grips of the freak. So the freak snapped kitty boys' neck.

"I think he broke . . . his neck." Lee said from next to us. Naruto and Sakura looked at Lee, totally freaked out. I squinted at the battle below. "This doesn't seem right. It almost seems too easy. Surely he can't be dead."

I wasn't quite sure though. He looks dead to me, but it doesn't feel right.

When the freaky dude loosened his hold, chips of wood fell. "Of course." I said. How could I forget? Ninja from the Village Hidden in the Sand often use puppet master jutsu's.

The puppet disguised as Kankuro turned its head to his enemy. "Now it's my turn so say good-bye." The puppet reverted to its original look and wrapped its puppet arms around the ninja tightly, squeezing him.

The thing that was on its back moved and the bandages unraveled to reveal Kankuro. I could see his hand emitting chakra and thin chakra strings connecting to his finger tips and leading to the puppet holding the enemy.

Impressive.

The puppet kept on tightening its hold on the guy. "Enough! I give!" The guy screamed in pain. However . . . kitty boy didn't let up. "But if your bones are all crushed just think about how more flexible you'd be." But none the less he let the guy live.

"Because his opponent is unable to continue, the winner is Kankuro." Hayate declared. Naruto turned to Kakashi. "Two against one his hitting below the belt isn't it? I mean is that thing even fair Kakashi-sensei?"

I responded before him. "Think of it like a weapon Naruto. Weapons are allowed right? Well that's because they're like an extension of ourselves. Just like Shino has the bugs, Kankuro has his puppets. But that doesn't mean he's invincible. Because when he controls it, he can't fully protect himself. But the puppet itself is his weapon, like kunai and shuriken are to us." I explained.

Sakura and Kakashi agreed, putting in a bit more details.

Sakura looked at the competitors with a hint of worry. Sakura excused herself to the bathroom and we stayed. It was like a break time. I notice Ino leaving, heading towards the bathrooms as well. Hm. Well this is something Sakura needs to deal with herself. This is her matter.

Once everyone was back the board went to pick its names. "Well no matter who it picks it'll be two weirdo's. This competition is filled with them." Naruto said loudly.

"Well you're one to talk." Kakashi said. Sakura and I laughed a bit when Kakashi grabbed Sakura's shoulders and pointed at the board.

Well then. I guess Sakura's going to be dealing with her problem after all. Sakura Haruno vs. Ino Yamanaka. Fate's got its plan for them. I guess they were bound to do this sooner or later.

I watched as the two talked. I leaned against the wall, arms crossed, and my calm exterior showing. Sakura this is a battle that should stop the cold war between the two of you. Right?

Once Hayate said begin they both ran at each other. Sakura was the first to attack and went for a kick which Ino dodged. Then it was Ino who punched but Sakura evaded. Sakura then went to swipe her feet but Ino jumped up and away.

Sakura grabbed three kunai and threw it Ino's way. Ino dodged the first one, grabbed the second one, and threw that one to deflect the third one. Hm. Not bad.

Well for some reason Ino's team came closer to ours and Shikamaru called Naruto a fool when he said Sakura was blowing Ino out of the water. Before they could fight more I intervened.

"Naruto, Sakura and Ino are evenly matched. This fight's not going to be easy for either of them. Besides, this battle is more than a preliminary. It's about everything. There's no clear view of who the winner will be. But they haven't started yet. They're only on level one. This fight might last a while."

Choji walked to stand by me and their sensei looked at me carefully. He chuckled. "You're just like him." He mumbled. I glanced at him. He probably means my father.

Since I'm not on that chapter in my life yet I turned back to the fight. They were just using taijutsu. Sakura's specialty isn't really it, but neither is Ino's.

Ino went for a few punches. Sakura blocked two of them but the third got her in the stomach. Ino then used Sakura's distraction to punch her face but she . . . she slapped her instead.

I sighed. "They're too focused on the past. Unless they can reside in the present this battle won't go any farther." Choji's sensei nodded from next to us. "You're right."

Naruto looked at me confused. "What about their past?" I remember Naruto and me being alone as children, but I still knew what was happening around the village. Including the long cold war against the two.

I know about them. About their past.

We were in the same kunoichi classes. Back then Ino took great care of Sakura. She helped her in classes, confidence, and insecurities. In all honesty I respected their friendship more than anything. I thought it was sweet of Ino to befriend the outcast Sakura. She helped her grow. I loved watching their friendship. It was beautiful. But they let a boy come in between them.

The boy I happen to be dating actually. I'm lucky Sakura didn't strangle me.

I watched as they both undid their headbands and tie it for their forehead. I smiled. "Now they're serious." Naruto looked at me confused. "What do you mean?"

I looked forward, feeling the gazes of my team and Choji's. "They realize that they aren't kids anymore. That this fight is important and should be taken seriously. That's why they've become serious. They're ready to fight for real."

They ran at each other again. They both punched and both hit each other's fist. I smirked. Well, well. Looks like you two finally understand. They took a fighting stance.

So the real fights about to begin.