The Broken Seal

Sasuke and I kept on surveying Haku. "You've exhausted my patience!" Haku said irritably. Needles were thrown our way and while we managed to dodge most, some struck us.

Damn! Doesn't this guy ever run out of needles?! We were panting a bit. We can't go on like this.

I bent to one knee as the pain became more evident. Haku took that chance to throw needles at us. Sasuke quickly picked up a needle and deflected them. "When the hell were you able to do that?!" I yelled in surprise.

He was holding back huh? That twerp! "Come on we need to team up." Sasuke said. I grumbled and slowly stood.

Haku kept on throwing needles from different mirrors. And while I couldn't see it, Sasuke was easily deflecting them and moving me away from them. His eyes are adjusted to Haku now. Does he know how to use the Sharingan?

Does he? Some struck his arms and legs. But otherwise he's doing better. Haku disappeared. "Where'd he go?" I stood fast and moved away from Sasuke. "What are you doing?!" He yelled.

I glanced at every mirror. "I can't keep up with Haku like you can. You can't keep protecting me like this. Don't worry about me. I'll manage somehow."

He glared at me for a millisecond. "Don't be ridiculous!" I rolled my eyes and put up my fists. Haku laughed and we looked at the mirror above. Sasuke threw a few needles. However Haku just switched mirrors.

He kept on throwing needles and then moving mirrors. Where is he going to strike?

Suddenly Sasuke ran to me. He picked me up bridal style, and jumped high. Needles struck where I once stood.

Whoa. How'd he react so fast? I looked over to Sasuke and my eyes widened. No way! He has the Sharingan!

The red eyes and black comas, that's defiantly the Sharingan. "Sasuke?" I whispered. He's on a whole another level now. Stronger than me, Naruto, and Sakura. He set me down and continued,

He's tracking Haku!

So he could be on the same level as Haku. Sasuke's eyes widened and he turned toward me and began running. Why does he look so frantic?

I turned my head to see needles coming my way. My own eyes widened. Needles. Damn! I lost focus!

I brought my arms in X formation to block my face and top of my chest. This is going to hurt like a bitch. But I have to endure it.

Pain never came. What? I looked in front of me and I stopped breathing. "S . . . Sas . . . uke?" I whispered.

Haku was on the floor, but Sasuke had a lot of needles in him. And he was bleeding badly. He looked back at me with relief.

A few tears left my eyes. "Why?" I whispered. He smiled. A smile, not a smirk smile. "That should be pretty obvious now shouldn't it? Sometimes you and Naruto are the same. Ugh!"

He fell back and I caught him. Scenes of us in training and school flashed in my eyes. Of all our time together. When we became friends, when we became teammates. When we were small and young. I remember.

I remember him now.

~Flashback 6 years ago~

"AH!" I punched another boy. Two more stood up. I glared at them. "What?! You want some more?!" I shouted.

I'm too young though. I'm not strong enough. One came up behind me and grabbed me and pushed me to the ground. Then they started hitting me as the one guy held me down. Tears of frustration and hurt flowed down from my eyes.

I didn't scream though. I wasn't going to give them that satisfaction. But I'm too young and I couldn't help but cry in pain.

The sounds of hitting reached my ears and the weight on top of me left. I looked up to see a dark haired boy with similar eyes punching another boy,