Start your Engines: The Chunin Exam Begins!

The people in the room started to get nervous and were intimidated by him. "But first, you candidates form the Village Hidden in the Sound! Knock it off! Who told you that you could fight? You want to be failed before we've even begun?"

The mummy man responded. "Sorry it's our first time. Guess we're a little bit jumpy." Geez. That's rational. Not!

"I will only say this once so listen. There will be no combat between candidates. No attacking each other without the permission of a proctor." I kind of zoned him out when I felt Sasuke grab my hand.

Heat went to my cheeks and I glanced at him. He smiled at me before looking at Ibiki. So what do I do? How the hell am I supposed to know what to make of this? I don't know what to make of us.

But . . . I don't mind this. So I smiled and tightened my grip. I like holding his hand and being with him. It feels nice.

Then Ibiki told us to turn in papers and get a number. Something about where we'll be sitting.

I jumped when Naruto screamed. "Not a written test! No way!" Uh-oh. Things aren't looking up for our team. Especially if it involved Naruto and written tests.

The chunin sat around us in the room. Watching us. Like the stalkers they are. I was separated from each other. So I was a bit alone and to make matters worse, I was sitting next to kitty boy. He kept on sending constant glares. Oh this sucks.

However Naruto is sitting by his little admirer.

As Ibiki explained the rules and how the test grading system works, I noticed something. We all get scored as a team. Well we're screwed. Good-bye chunin exams. Sakura started shouting and I just sighed. Well I guess if Sakura, Sasuke, and I get 10/10 we could have a chance at passing.

Apparently the watching chunin are watching us in case we cheat. Every time they catch us they deduct two points. This is strange. Usually when someone's caught cheating they are immediately failed.

If they catch us five times we'll be dismissed before the test is over. I frowned. Why are they giving us chances to cheat? It surely isn't out of pity. I don't know Ibiki, but he seems like he's a ruthless man who doesn't even have pity in his dictionary.

I bet he eats the souls and tears of young children. So what? I mean it's not like he wants us to cheat without being caught-oh. Very sneaky.

If this is what I think it is then maybe . . .

"One more thing. If one candidate gets a zero on their test, then the entire team fails." Ah crap. But if this test is what I think we'll be fine. Hopefully. Oh god let us be right.

Then he talked about the final question and we began. I read over all the questions and frowned. This is impossible for anyone who's a genin to understand. My guess has to be right!

Right?

I know I'm right. I looked over to Sasuke to see him with his eyes closed and smirking. But his eyebrows were knitted more together. Even he doesn't understand.

Alright then I guess I should act like I'm writing. So I started drawing pandas and dogs. If I'm right, the correct answers are unnecessary. The real aim is not to test our knowledge, but our ability to gather information. I'm sure of it!

But I'm not one for information gathering and I don't have a special Kekkei Genkai to help out with that. So I'll just draw. It's better than turning in a blank test.

As long as Naruto doesn't cheat at all we'll be fine. A ninja must see through deception. So I'm pretty sure a lot of people have figured it out.

I just kept on drawing. I'm pretty sure Naruto's freaking out. With all the sounds of the pencils writing and the ticking of the clock. I'm sure he's under a lot of stress. But knowing Hinata's crush on Naruto I bet she's going to let Naruto cheat.

A kunai flew past Naruto and landed in front of a guy. Crap. Did he get caught? Ah crap please no! Calm down. It didn't land in front of Naruto. "Five strikes and you're out. You just failed the test." I sighed. He wasn't talking to Naruto.

Just the kid who was caught. So him and his teammates were forced to leave. And his teammates weren't happy.

Then the chunin started calling out numbers of those who failed. Some were getting angry and yelling at them that they're mistaking it.

I sighed and I could feel kitty boy trying to look at my paper. Suddenly he fell out of his chair and started twitching.

A lot of people looked at him. He then sat up and stared at me like I was out of my mind. I giggled a bit and continued to draw.

Kankuro got up and sat back down. Until he asked to go to the bathroom. I snickered. "Kitty boy is potty trained." He shot me one of his famous nasty glares and I held my hands up in defense.

The chunin watching us sweat dropped before allowing him to go with the company of a chunin.

Since there was only one blank spot in the middle of my paper I decided to write something for Ibiki.

I smirked and wrote down eight words and an emicon. 'Nice try. We're not going down that easily. : P'

I wish I could see his face. Now; Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, I'm interested in seeing how you handle this. Let's hope you get it.