Bitter Rivals and Broken Bonds! An Act of Friendship from Choji!

Sakura and I had rushed out. What is she doing?! Turning slightly I shoved her away and stood between the two, prepared to take the hit of both Rasengan and Chidori. I shut my eyes tight, awaiting the pain.

However it didn't come. Opening my eyes I saw Kakashi-Sensei was next to me, his hand on their wrists he threw them back to two silos atop the roof. Their attacks hit the silos, saving, well, me I guess.

"What do you two think you're doing up here? That was a little intense for just a sparing match wasn't it? What's wrong with you two?" Kakashi asked. At the front it seemed as if Sasuke's jutsu caused more damage. But I knew if you looked at the other side Naruto's was more damaged.

Sasuke struggled to pull his hand out, but when he did a lot of water came out. "What were you thinking? Were you really going to kill him Sasuke?" Kakashi demanded.

He now sat atop his silo. "You really got to watch this sense of superiority you have." Sasuke just glared up at him. I stood there still, baffled by what just happened. How could . . . how could they fight like that?

Why? "That Chidori. It was not the size you would aim at a comrade from the LeafVillage. When are you going to finally grow up Sasuke?"

Sakura stood and walked over to me. "Miyu, I don't know what's going on." She murmured. I shook my head, not able to find my voice after seeing what just happened. Sasuke, Naruto, they could have killed each other.

"Hmpf." Sasuke back flipped off the roof. I fell to my knees. "Miyu?" Sakura asked. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that our team . . . is going to fall apart.

I don't want that. Sakura began crying from next to me. Gritting my teeth, I jumped up to Naruto. "Are you alright?" I whispered. He stood, glaring forward. "I'm fine." He grumbled.

To Naruto, Sasuke is a comrade, a friend, and a rival. Sasuke is a big reason he's made it this far, because all he wants is his approval. Ever since they met, Naruto has worked hard to prove himself to him.

But Sasuke, it's hard for him to see Naruto's skills and strength to develop at an astonishing rate. Even I'm having trouble watching that. I can only imagine how frustrated he feels. He can't acknowledge Naruto's strength, or it feels like to him that he's diminishing his own.

Naruto has something powerful driving him on. So does Sasuke, but his isn't the right way to do so. Revenge isn't the answer. And I don't believe it should be what drives a person.

Standing, I sighed before jumping down. "Miyu, Sakura." Huh? Naruto stood in front of us, looking down. "What is it Naruto?" Sakura asked. Naruto looked up. "This is between us, stay out of it."

My eyes widened in shock. Naruto . . .

~

I sat at Ichiraku, eating ramen. I figure I should give Sasuke some time to cool off before I check on him.

"Hey, what's with the long face?" I glanced back to see Choji. I smiled sadly. "Just some team issues." I murmured. He stared at me a bit before taking a seat next to me. "Pork Bowl please." The old man nodded and began to make it.

"Naruto and Sasuke?" He asked. Sighing I nodded. "It must be hard. Those two have always fought with each other, even back in the academy. Being on a team with them can't be easy. Especially since one's your brother and you're dating the other."

Slurping some noodles, I nodded. "It is." Choji eyes me for a bit. "I think I prefer you being hateful then you being sad." He stated.

I glanced at him in surprise. He smiled at me. "Well, I don't like my friend being sad." I smiled lightly at him. "Thanks Choji." Sometimes I forget how good of a friend he is. I accidently befriended him when I saved him from bullies. But I couldn't help it. It was never in me to stand around and watch as others got bullied.

That was just based on my experience with Naruto. I may have hated everyone, but I still had a sense of what was right and what was wrong.

"Hey, Choji, what is our purpose?" This surprised him. "Everyone was born for a purpose. Is it destiny, or is it up to us to decide?" I questioned, thinking back to Neji's words at the exam. He rubbed his head a bit. "Well, I don't know, but Shikamaru said it's best to be yourself. To eat, to slack off, to have fun, as long as we're who we are that's what matters."

I chuckled a bit. "That does sound like Nara." I muttered. Choji grinned. "Right? Shikamaru's right. I think our purpose isn't as complicated as it sounds. I think it's to be ourselves."

I smiled at my friend. "You're right Choji. Thanks." He nodded and glanced at my vest. "Congratulations on becoming Chunin. I knew you and Shikamaru would become one." I laughed a bit at that. "Thanks. I knew Nara was gonna be one but didn't expect to become one myself." I said honestly. He stared at me curiously.

"You and Shikamaru are geniuses. Besides, out of everyone you guys have the right to become one." He grinned. Times like this I really do appreciate Choji. His bowl was set in front of him. Choji went for his wallet but I slammed the money on the table and stood. "It's on me. Thanks for the talk Choji."

He grinned. "Anytime." I headed out. Looking at the sky I frowned. It's gotten late. Better make my way to him.

I may not understand his feelings completely, but I want to. I want to know more about him. I want to help him when he's hurting. I want to be there when he grows strong. I want to be with him, I want to be with Naruto, I want to be with Sakura, I want to be with Kakashi. I want to watch all of them grow. And I want to be there with them every step of the way.

They're my team. I love them.