Where Her Love Began: Miyuna and Itachi!

I smiled up at him. His dark eyes bore into mine. I grinned. "Hello Itachi!" I cheered. He smiled and crouched in front of me.

He smiled warmly. "Well hello Miyuna. What brings you here today? Is Naruto sick again?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. I think he's hanging out with Choji and Shikamaru. So I came here!"

He chuckled. "Well than, you want to go to the market with me and then go home?" I nodded my head rapidly.

He chuckled. And picked me up, placing me on his shoulders. I gasped loudly at the shock of being so high up. But I trusted him. So I let it be.

We ventured into the market, Itachi picking up food here and there. A group of ladies walking near us stopped once they saw me.

They instantly glared at me. I glared back before turning it down to Itachi's dark hair. My pigtails fell down, along with my bangs, covering my eyes.

Everyone hated me.

"It's her."

"Yeah. Related to that."

"If you ask me both are monsters."

"I know. They're like rabid dogs. I can't believe Lord Hokage has allowed them to stay."

"I know. They're nothing but a stain to our village."

I snapped my head up and glared at them. "Watch what you say hags! I'll beat you to a bloody pulp!" I had screamed.

The flinched. Before whispering more.

I looked back down, willing the tears not to fall. Why? Why do they have to be so mean to me? To Naruto? It's not fair!

"If I were you, I would stop gossiping." Itachi warned the two women. They jumped in surprise.

"I don't want to be forced to tell Lord Hokage about this. You know how he is on the subject." A look of fear flickered through their eyes before they scurried off.

It was silent for a bit and Itachi started heading home. "You didn't have to do that. I am more than capable of taking care of myself."

He didn't say anything. "I'm sorry, but if it had happened again, I'd do the same thing, maybe worse. I don't like it when people hurt those I love." I froze in shock.

"You would do that for me?" I asked softly.

"Of course. I love you Miyu."

Tears pooled in my blue eyes before falling on Itachi's hair. I cried silently, and Itachi allowed it.

After a bit, he put down the bags and maneuvered me so I was in his arms princess style. He held me close to his chest, and I bawled my eyes out on his shoulder.

It was weird, having somebody say that. I've never heard it. I've only heard it from Naruto. It was different. I liked it. But it made me scared.

I don't like crying. Crying shows weakness. But yet, only a few words from him and my emotions come out.

Itachi.

I love him.

He's like a big brother.

~~

I lay against Itachi as he held a children's book open. The pictures were big and bright. I stared at it as he read.

"The princess, with hair of burning fire, was always sad. She was trapped in a palace, filled with people, but she always felt alone.

Because of her parent's death, she was left to run the kingdom at a young age. Many did not like her because of this. She was only a child, yet she was in charge. When the young princess was twelve, she closed off her heart, shielding it in ice.