Return of the Mourning Mist!

I sat on the couch next to Sasuke, my legs over his lap as I sketched him. Smiling in victory, I showed him my drawing. A smile appeared on his face. "You're really good." He commented. I shrugged, but a smile played on my lips as I flipped the page and started absent mindlessly drawing.

However, as I was half way through I realized I was drawing Itachi.

My smile quickly disappeared as I stared at the unfinished picture. Itachi . . . because of everything that's been going on, I've been pushing it off for a while now.

The fact that Itachi murdered his clan and cast me in a torturous Genjutsu. Sasuke noticed my change of attitude. "What's wrong?" He asked. I looked up into his dark eyes. "Actually . . . I'm not sure how to handle my returned memories."

He immediately understood and it put him in a bad mood. "Itachi." He said coldly. I'm hurt. Itachi is someone I held very dear to me. To think he simply betrayed us.

Those cold words he spoke . . . they're still resounding in my head.

I love Itachi, even now. I can't find it in me to hate him. And I know that Sasuke . . . he wants to kill him. That introduction he did when we met Kakashi-Sensei . . . to restore his clan and kill a certain someone.

Itachi.

Sasuke reached out and gently touched my cheek. He pulled his hand back to reveal it was wet. "Eh?" I touched my cheeks to feel that they're wet.

I didn't know I was crying. Sasuke grabbed my arm and pulled me to his chest. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and inhaled deeply, taking in his musky scent that immediately calmed me down and lifted the heavy feelings on my chest.

We pulled apart. "I promise, I won't let him get away with everything he did to us." I cringed at the anger in his voice.

I don't want him to kill him. Itachi is so important to me. But so is Sasuke. And they're brothers. I can't imagine hating Naruto enough to kill him. Even if he slaughtered our family.

Sighing, I stood. "I need to go. Naruto wants to train with someone who can actually use a jutsu that isn't Shadow Clones." He smirked. "Good luck with that." I made a face and pinched his cheek.

"Don't be so mean." I chastised. He grumbled. Smiling I pulled away. "I'll see you later tonight for dinner." He sighed and stood. "I need to go and train too. See you, at BBQ right?" I grinned and nodded. With that said, we left his house and out of the Uchiha Compound, heading towards our own destination.

Let's see, if I know Naruto, he's probably at Ichiraku.

As I arrived, I saw my brother rifling through his pockets. Chuckling, I entered, putting money on the counter. "His usual please." The owner smiled and turned to cook.

Naruto flashed me a grin as I sat down. "Thanks Miyu!" He shouted happily. I chuckled and shook my head. "Lost your free meal tickets already?" I asked.

He blushed a bit. "It's somewhere! I just don't know where!" He argued. I shook my head, a smile playing on my lips.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sure." I said lightly. He shot me an annoyed glare and crossed his arms childishly in a huff.

I laughed but stopped abruptly as a chill went down my spine. I stood fast and turned. This chakra . . . the smell . . . it's familiar. It smells like, I'm not quite sure, but it smells homely.

Who's chakra is that?

I know it, I've smelt it before. But where? "Miyu? Are you okay? You look like you're about to cry." I snapped out of it and glanced at Naruto, who held some ramen in his chopsticks.

He was staring at me worriedly. I smiled and sat back down. "It's nothing." I lied. He stared at me a bit longer before chowing down.

But sadness ached in my chest. I gently touched it, and thought back to it. Trying to rack through it in my brain. It was kind of like pine, and ginger, or was it rain? I'm not sure. But it's a nice smell.

Who's is it?

In the midst of my thoughts, I smelt a familiar chakra and sighed. "Yes Pervy Sage?" I asked without turning. He laughed loudly from behind the curtains, and Naruto choked on his noodles.

"I had to see it with my own eyes. It looks like you do eat nothing but ramen huh short stuff?" He spoke, looking at Naruto.

I frowned. "I feed him other things. It's just ramen is amazing." I said. He chuckled at that.

"It's Pervy Sage!" Naruto shouted. I sweat dropped.

I have a feeling this is going to be troublesome. And just like that, the thought of the familiar scent left my mind.

How can a scent that smells so nice be bad?