Chapter 21

As I walked through my 1st period's classroom door, I already felt Lauren's eyes on me. I had ignored her for the rest of Saturday and for all of Sunday.

Sure, I felt bad. But she wasn't what I was looking for. She wasn't who I wanted.

As the teacher began her lecture, Lauren continued to stare at me. I was trying so hard not to look over and make contact. She was fine as hell and I felt like I was doing Viola wrong by flirting with her.

After what seemed to be like the longest class of my life, the bell finally rang. I picked up my book bag and hurried to the door as quickly as I could, trying to avoid Lauren.

Sadly, I didn't move fast enough and I now had to face her beautiful, sad face standing right in front of me just outside the classroom.

"Um, hey." I said, looking around.

"What's going on with you?" She asked me, concern in her eyes.

"Nothing." I said, catching sight of Dylan and Jess watching us. I so badly wanted to run over to them and us all head to our 2nd period, but I knew Lauren wasn't going to let me get away so easily.

"No. It's something. You've even been ignoring my texts. You've been acting weird, you won't even look at me." She said quietly.

Along with Jess and Dylan, I caught sight of Ms. Roman as well. All three were watching us and I didn't know what to do. I was feeling pressured to say something, anything, but I didn't know what.

"It's not like your my girlfriend." I said a little too harshly.

"So what am I then?" She asked me loudly, causing me to step back.

"I don't know, okay? I told you I just wanted to have fun so why are you up my ass all of a sudden?" I replied defensively.

"Oh, so I was just a game for you right?" She yelled, hurt in her voice.

Jess and Dylan were leaning against the lockers, watching us. And Viola was just standing there in the middle of the hallway, acting like she was looking over something on her clipboard but she wasn't.

I didn't want Lauren to think I never liked her, or that I had used her, but I told her that I wasn't looking for anything serious.

At least not with her.

I grabbed her hands and looked down at them, "No."

I watched Viola's eyes fly up as well, she must think that I was trying to flirt. She needed to understand that I was just trying to let the girl off gently.

"Get to class, ladies." She said, staring straight at me. "Dylan, Jess, you two as well."

"I'll call you." I said as I walked off, relieved that Viola jumped in, but also worried on what she thought my intentions with Lauren were.

I know she heard the whole thing, but would she let Lauren's words get to her head? I hope she didn't think that she was just a game to me as well, because that wasn't the case for neither girls.

As I sat down at my desk, hearing my two friends "oooh" at me as I approached them.

"Shut it." I mumbled as I slumped into my chair.