Chapter 6

I arrived to my second period a little late, trying to remember how many turns to take and which stairs were what, coming from Ms. Roman's room.

As I knocked on the door, a few seconds later, a tall and slender old man opened it.

"Ah, there you are! I'm Mr. Russell! Class, we have a new student with us today. This is Ivy Jones, please show her how welcoming Leland Academy can be!"

In unison, the class all said, "Hello, Ivy." Giving me a bit of embarrassment.

Mr. Russell continued, "Ivy, why don't you go over and take a seat next to Dylan? Dylan can you please raise your hand?"

I looked around expecting to see a boy, but to my delight, it was a very beautiful girl. She was skinny and tall like me, but she had more curves and bright red hair.

As I walked over to her, I felt nervous. Why was this school filled with such hot chicks?

"Hi! I'm Dylan." She said with a smirk, like she could read my mind.

I nodded my head casually.

As second period continued, I noticed Dylan was passing notes with the girl next to her. They were silently laughing and I wondered what they were talking about. As Dylan passed the note back to the girl, she knew Mr. Russell had seen.

"Something you would like to share, Jessica? Dylan?" Mr. Russell asked sternly.

"It's Jess. For the hundredth time." She didn't say it with an attitude, but she did sound aggravated.

When I looked over at her, she smiled at me. She had black hair and green eyes, something that made me stare at her longer than I should have. It was just so rare.

"No more notes please." Mr. Russell sighed as he replied to her comment.

I didn't look away from her though. I had to admit, she was really pretty. You could tell she was a bit short compared to me, but you could even tell when she was sitting, she had a body.

But it was nothing like Ms. Roman's.

Omg, Ivy! Why did you think that? She is your art teacher and you have to show her the same amount of respect as all the other teachers.

The girl who refers to herself as Jess, broke me out of my thoughts, "See something you like?" She smiled. I really needed to work on my 'checking people out skills'.

I just blushed in response. How embarrassing!

Next thing I know, Dylan nudges me and whispers, "Wanna sit with me and Jess at lunch? We have a seat open."

I smiled happily thinking I had already made new friends and knew I wouldn't be sitting in a bathroom stall by myself like all the other years of high school had been.

"I'd love to." I smiled back.