Chapter 4

I woke up from the alarms of my phone. I couldn't afford any minutes, so I used it as a way to tell time.

"Shit! I'm gonna be late for my first day of school!" I cursed at myself. I was already starting a month late into my senior year.

I hurried up and brushed my long tangled blonde hair, washed my face, and brushed my teeth.

I put on some foundation and mascara as quickly as I could and slipped on my school uniform.

I had to admit, it wasn't too bad. It was a light blue plaid skirt and a mid-length sleeved white button up.

I hurried and put my white vans on, took a good look in the mirror, "You can do this." I told myself.

I locked my apartment door, and rushed to school.

Leland Academy here I come.

----------------------------------------------
I walked into the office right in time.

Phew, I wasn't late.

I stood at the front desk for what seemed like forever until the old woman noticed me. She was heavy set, with short hair as white as snow. She had big eyes and a welcoming smile.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She asked kindly.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Ivy Jones and it's my first day here."

"Oh, yes! The senior right? You were supposed to arrive a few minutes early, but that's alright." And she took a pause and looked around, "Ah! Since we have already sent back the student we were going to have show you around-one moment- VIOLA COME HERE PLEASE- I'm going to have Ms. Roman show you around. She's our schools talented art teacher. Don't worry, she doesn't bite."

As I sat in the waiting seat, I looked down the hall to see a woman coming my way.

I took her in, eyeing her. She was absolutely gorgeous. She has a skinny waist and curvy body. As she walked, her long light brown hair swung side to side, her face already smiling, showing her straight white teeth.

She surely couldn't be my teacher. She was so young! My guess was anywhere from 22-25.

"Hello, Ms. Jones. I am Ms. Roman." She said with a giggle that made me smile embarrassingly knowing she just caught me checking her out. I rubbed the back of my neck and looked down quickly.

"I have your schedule right here, hm let's take a look." She said as her eyes scrolled across the sheet of paper.

"Looks like you have Math for first period, Science for second," she paused "Art for third." She continued as she looked up at me smiling,"Lunch and then History. You get to leave early, since you finished your junior and senior English classes last year."

English was my favorite subject, I've always worked my ass off when it came to school. I refused to be that abused girl from foster care who dropped out and didn't do anything with herself.

"You must be a very smart girl!" She complemented, making me blush slightly.

"Thank you." I practically whispered.

This teacher had a way of making me so nervous that my legs felt like jelly.