Chapter 35

**********

Two days later.

"I don't know if I can do this," I whispered, gripping Justin's hand. We were standing in the front of my house, everything looked the same. Coming back to California had made me realize just how homesick I had been. The familiar heat of the hot sun glared down at me with a dry humid wind.

"I promise, I'll be standing out here." He squeezed my hand in reassuringly. Glancing at him, uncertainly. I let go of his hand and opened the small gate and walked over to the door.
My heart was thumped against my chest. The door was unlocked and I slowly opened it and stepped inside. The sent of cinnamon greeted me, making me wanting to cry. It was the candle my mom always lighted in the house.
Everything was exactly how I had last seen it. There came a series if barking and I grinned when I saw Rajah barking as he came up to me.

"Hey boy." Bending down I scratched his ear as he wagged his tail. " Did you miss me?" "Whose there!?" a familiar voice came. "Dan is that you?" standing straight I forced my legs to move as I heard my Mom's voice coming in from the kitchen. Entering it, I saw she had her back towards me as she worked on something on the stove.
"Thank goodness your here because-" She turned around and stopped talking in mid-sentence.

"Mom," I chocked out, already feeling tears building up. "Brooklyn?" Her lips barley moved and she seemed to have gone paled.

The next thing I knew, I was being swept up in her arms. "It's really you, God, it's really you. I thought I'd lost you. I can't believe it, your alive," she whispered as she ran a hand the ought my hair.

"Oh my baby." I didn't want to ever let go of her as she embraced me. "But honey, how? everyone was sure you had- passed away," she asked me as she still held on. Here comes the lies
"Mom, I was kidnapped . I guess they thought I was this other girl they had wanted and made a mistake. I don't really remember the days, they're all just a blur." I am getting better and better at this lying stuff.
"Do you want me to call the police or-" "No, no not the cops, please." I shook my head . " It's alright, I am back"

Mom's Lowe lip trembled. "Yes, you're back. oh honey, I missed you so much. I thought I'd lost you forever." I gave here a watery smile. "I missed you too." "please don't ever leave me again." She kissed me on my cheek and I noticed she was starting to get grey roots.

"I don't intend to, Mom. I promised. "I'm not going anywhere."

********************
I FINALLY UPDATED! I KNOW I GAVE BEEN SO CAUGHT UP IN MY SCHOOL WORK BUT NOW I CAN UPDATE MORE OFTEN... SO WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE UPDATE