Chapter 8

******************

     Today was the day of Prom which everyone had been waiting for. It'd be my last Prom since I was Senior which was kinda saddened me. High School had passed by so fast, it seemed only yesterday when that dorky, awkward mouthful of braces had walked through the doors of Eastwood for the first time. Amber decided to come over to my house so that we could get dressed together.

    Amber wrinkled her nose. "What's up with the jacket? It looks like your wearing a curtain" I looked down at myself. I was wearing Justin's hoodie which i had slept in last nigh. And the night before... "It's an old hoodie of mine," I lied in a mumble.

   Amber made me sit down in front of the mirror as she did my makeup and hair. Mom came up every now and then to check on us. She seemed relieved to find my door open. I could see the bags under her eyes and a twinge of guilt went through me when i realized I caused them. After Amber was done, She handed me the dress which I put on, the silk flowing around my legs.

   "And voila!" She announced waving at the floor to length mirror. I stared at myself intently as she stood next to me. Wow I actually looked pretty decent. My make-up was dramatic. My hair piled up. My dress fell in a straight line to the floor in silky folds while Amber's was short and tight; both were white.

     "We look so damn good," Amber grinned and I smiled slightly. "Thanks, Amber" I hugged her and she hugged back. "Now lets go before were late."

  We headed downstairs where we found Mom sitting in the table with a cup of tea. "Oh my goodness," Her mouth dropped open as she looked at us. I saw her eyes shinning as they filled with tears. We both said Thanks and posed for pictures. After a couple of hundred Mom was full on sobbing. "Mom, mom," I pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back. "I Know , its just growing up so fast, In a couple of weeks you'll be off to college." "Hey i will always be your little girl" I patted her back.

   We said good bye. We drove to the hotel were the Senior Prom was going to be held at. The lower classes always had their's in the gym. 'Oh damn." Amber parked in front if the hotel. It seemed like this year they went over the top. We got out and headed into the entrance where we handed the guy in front our tickets. Inside it was dark, like pitch black. It was important white because we had these specials lights that hung from the ceiling , making everyone who wore white glow. It was seriously an amazing sight. probably one of the best Prom yet. "Let dance" Amber said over the loud music  she grabbed  my arm and dragged me to the glow in the dark dance floor. and once i didn't protest.

                                                                                   ***

     After an hour or so of dancing , I was getting tired and thirsty. I headed for the refreshments table and poured myself with the glowing ladle into one of the glowing cups , I tooked a large sip, the cold liquid sliding pleasantly down my throat.

    I felt a hand suddenly grab my waist and I jumped , almost spilling punch. "Can I talk to you?''  I know that voice. "There's nothing to talk about," I made my voice cold as I faced Tony.  He had on a pure white tux. "Why were you ignoring my calls? Are you mad at me?" He asked innocently , oh for Pete's' sake. "You did not just asked that." I gritted threw my teeth , setting my cup down. "Dont play dumb with me"  "What?"

    "YOU THINK I WOULDN'T SEE YOU KISSING THAT SLUT?" I burst , my hands baling into a fist. "HOW COULD YOU" The people around me stopped their conversation, staring. Tony didn't say anything which infuriated me even more. "I didn't think-" "I am done Tony" "Brooklyn wait- , I am sorry" . "save it" i cut him off .

      I tear ran down my cheek, and i turned around to escape. The loud music pounded into my ears , vibrating against my body. The bodies and the hotness of the room seemed to suffocate me. I had to get some fresh air . I shoved through the back doors. In the back there was a large, beautiful garden decorated with some lights , I took in a large gulps of air , the cold breeze cooling me down.

    Closing my eyes , I forced myself to stop crying , hugging myself . Ducking my head , I walked down the cobblestone path, my eyes gazing around the scenery. It was heart-stopping , I came to what seemed like the center , a larger water statue. I went over to take a seat in one of the wooden benches, looking up at the sky.

    I closed my eyes , letting the soft breeze whip the bottom of my dress and hair around.I was so intent on making everything around me disappear , I never saw it coming, one minute I was sitting there, the next , a napkin had been pressed against my mouth and my nose and my eyes opened in shock. A hooded shadow stood in front of me, with one next to him.

   "Mmmmmph!" shocked , I tried to pull the napkin away but the person was too strong. They held to my jaw so tightly, it hurt. "hurry up," The one standing there said in a gruff voice. "we cant be caught" . "I'm trying," The one holding me hissed back to him. "C'mon dammit, breathe." I refused , holding my breath, knowing if didn't I would be a goner. The guy yanked my hair, trying to get a reaction out of me and my eyes filled with tears and pain. He pulled again and the pins that held my hair together dug into my scalp. My head started spinning , and i was starting to feel nauseous . I knew couldn't hold it anymore. Against my will, my body sucked in oxygen greedily and immediately the smell of alcohol and my eyes started closing against my will. My world was going black and the last thing that ran though my mind was,                                                                             

Crap.

******************

VOTE, COMMENT, LIKE