"No, mom, this is CJ and Sehun's teacher, Zitao, he teaches Chinese."

"Whatever."

"How about we all go around the table and say something we're thankful for?" My dad suggested. Everyone nodded in agreement. He looked at my grandma to start.

"Well, I'm thankful that Nabi's new boyfriend got to come and I'm thankful that Jisoo and Sehun know they're related now."

"She has dementia," I whispered to Tao.

My grandpa was already asleep so we skipped him and went to Victoria, "Um, I'm thankful for this amazing meal and I'm thankful to be able to go to school in Korea."

"CJ, you're up," My mom looked to me.

I glanced at Tao, then back at my plate, "I'm thankful that everyone got here safely, I'm thankful for my family, and I'm thankful for the food," I looked at Sehun. He pretended to be asleep like grandpa, but my mom wasn't having it.

"Oh Sehun! Tell everyone what you're thankful for, right now."

"I'm thankful for food, family, and friends."

It was Luhan's turn now and he looked nervous, "I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to be here in Korea. I'm thankful that I have such a good, um, ..friend, like Sehun."

Sehun smiled at him, he smiled back, my dad looked at them weird.

It was Tao's turn now, and I listened better than I listened in class, "I'm also very grateful to be here in Korea, I'm thankful that I get to help my students learn and grow. Also, I'm thankful for this beautiful meal."

Sehun put his arm around my shoulders, "You're thankful for us, right Ta...Mr. Huang?"

What kind of bullshit was Sehun trying to pull, saying something like that in front of my parents.

"Of course," Tao smiled, "I'm thankful for all of my students."

Why did it hurt my feelings so much to be put at the same level as other students?

My dad laughed, "Yeah right, these two are the worst trouble makers, they're probably something you're not thankful for."

Tao stifled a laugh, but mostly he just looked uncomfortable. I felt bad that he was even here in the first place. Yixing also looked uncomfortable, like he was itching to leave.

I looked over to him, "Are you okay?"

He showed me his phone with a text message open.

Junmyeon: Want to come over? I have something sweet for you

I looked up at Yixing. He was blushing like mad. I laughed a little, "Well, are you going to go?"

"I don't even know what that means," I whispered in Yixing's ear what it was that Junmyeon meant. He started blushing more, "Well, should I go? I've never done anything like that before."

"If you don't want to do that, just tell him."

"It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I'm afraid I wouldn't know what I'm doing."

"Maybe he could show you what to do."

"Would it be rude for me to leave?"

"Just wait until after you finish dinner."

Yixing nodded and started eating again. I looked over at Tao, who was glaring me. I looked away from him.

"CJ, go get the pumpkin cupcakes out of the fridge and hand them out."

I went into the kitchen. How did she trust me with cupcakes? I brought them out and handed them to everyone.

Yixing stood up with his cupcake, "I have a class I need to get to."

"On thanksgiving?" My mom tilted her head.

"Um, yeah," He bowed twice, "Thank you for having me," He rushed out of the door.

Eventually everyone else left too and I went up to my room after helping my mom clean up.

Tao: what's with you and Yixing?

Me: nothing, he's gay. He's also dating his professor

Tao: that's good, so you and him get along then lol

My mom came in, "So you and Yixing get along pretty well," She smirked, "He's only a year older than you."

"I don't want to date boys right now, mom."

"Fine, I just thought you two looked really cute together earlier."

I nodded and hid under my covers, my mom left.

Tao: your family is cool, by the way.

Me: whatever

Tao: they are, I'd like to get closer to them one day

Me: you're a sweetheart. I'm tired

Tao: go to sleep, princess

Me: fine, goodnight.

Tao: love you :)

Me: love you too

Tao: By the way, I'm thankful for you.