Chapter 17

Yugyeom's birthday cake looked incredible. Jaebum entered the bakery, "BamBam sent me to help you."

"He didn't trust that I could handle this on my own?"

"No, he just thought you might feel burdened, so he sent me to help."

"It's no problem, really."

"Can I carry the cake?"

"No, you might drop it, it's too beautiful," I admired it.

"I wish you'd look at me the way you look at that cake."

"Cake is my only love, sorry," I was really excited, "Wow, BamBam will be really happy to give Yugyeom such an awesome cake."

"When is your birthday?"

"Same day as Sehun's."

"I don't know his birthday," He grinned, "So I heard you two are long lost twins."

"Yeah, its true."

"That's pretty intense."

"Yeah, I guess so," I shrugged.

"Can I please carry it? Just for a little while? I don't want you to feel burdened either."

"I don't feel burdened. I feel blessed," I let him carry the cake for the rest of the walk anyways. There was quite a few people when we arrived.

"BamBam went to go get Yugyeom," Jinyoung explained, "You have to hide."

"Let's hide on the stairs," Jaebum pulled me towards the stairs, but Jackson and Mark were there making out. So we hid behind the island in the kitchen instead. When Yugyeom came in with BamBam and his parents everyone shouted, "Surprise!"

"I knew it!" Yugyeom said, then hugged BamBam.

"What? His parents are here? That means we can't drink," I heard Jackson mumble.

"Dude, its ten in the morning," I rolled my eyes.

"Don't talk to me like that. I won't hesitate to hit you."

"If you lay a finger on her, I will definitely make you regret it, Jackson," Jaebum stepped in front of me.

"You aren't anything special, you're not a grand champion fencer like me," He snickered, "Why are protecting a girl that has writing all over her arm like she's in second grade?"

"Don't say that about her."

"She's just a retard."

"Jaebum, let's get some cake," I tugged on his arm.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just write on myself so I can remember things."

"I used to do that."

"In second grade?"

"I just stopped because my parents don't like me writing on myself."

We sang happy birthday to Yugyeom. I wanted to eat that cake so bad. I felt kind of guilty that that was the only reason I came. I didn't really like being around so many people. I did get to meet Taehyung though, that Jungkook had said so much about.

"What did you wish for?" His mom asked.

"I can't tell you or it won't come true."

The cake was so good I should've just kept it for myself. Yugyeom's parents left eventually to "let us kids have some fun", I wish I would've left too.

"Let's play seven minutes in heaven!" Jackson called.

"I will close my eyes and pick!" Yugyeom said, closing his eyes and waving his finger around the room. On the bright side, if it did land on me, Jaebum was too close to me to get picked as well. His finger first landed on Luhan, and then me.

"No way, hell no," I said.

"CJ, you have to, it's the game," Yugyeom said, "You have to go too, Luhan."

"I want you two to be back to back. Don't even look at each other!" Sehun ordered as everyone pushed us into the closet. More like seven minutes in hell. I had my phone gripped in my hand in case Luhan tried anything. I'd call the police.

"So?"

"So what? Don't talk to me."

"Why not?"

"Because, everything you ever say to me is mean. This is the last place I want to be with you."

"Why? Don't you think I'm cute?"

"I think you're my brother's terrible boyfriend, and that's all I think of you."

"I thought twins had similar tastes though."

"Sehun is too blinded by his first love to see how terrible you truly are."

"What makes me terrible?"

"You forcing me to kiss Jaebum, for starters, you accusing me of doing dirty things with my teacher."

He lowered his voice to a harsh whisper, "I wasn't accusing, I know it's true, I saw you two on homecoming night. After you ran off Sehun and I went looking for you."

I hugged my knees to my chest. I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

He continued, "He was searching the opposite hallway, and I was searching the hallway that Mr. Huang's classroom is in. I peeked through the blinds, I saw him kiss your neck."

"Luhan, I swear that's the dirtiest thing I did though."

"I told Sehun and he told me to please keep quiet about it. I wasn't so sure, but I heard you broke up with him."

"Yeah," I leaned my head in my hand, "After what you said to me."

"That was the hope."

"You have no idea how much it hurts. I know it's wrong, but I miss having somebody who actual cared about me."

"There's a lot of people who care about you."

"Not the way he does. Imagine the way Sehun loves and takes care of you, now imagine that being taken away from you. It makes you feel like you're not whole, as if you've lost something, but you don't know what," I didn't know why I was telling this to Luhan of all people, "All your senses feel dull because you can't see him, smell him, taste his lips, feel his arms around you, or hear his voice when you need it the most. It's awful. I feel so empty."

"I didn't realize he was that important to you."

There was banging on the door, "Seven minutes is up!"

I rushed out of the closet and towards the front door, Jaebum followed me, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just feel, uh, sick, that's all."

"Do you need me to walk home with you, to make sure you're okay?"

"It's okay, I'll be fine. I will call you if I need you, okay?"

"Okay, be safe," I wasn't going home.