Chapter 27

Thanksgiving was always hectic, my mom always made way too much food.

"CJ and Sehun, come set the table!" Sehun threw silverware onto the table, leaving it for me to actually set.

"Hey! I'd appreciate it if you'd actually help me."

"I'm waiting for Luhan to get here."

I sighed and finished setting the table. The bell of the front door rang, "Luhan!" Sehun turned around.

"That's not my name," Yixing said, confused.

"Sorry, Yixing, I thought you were somebody else."

"Clearly."

"CJ!" My mom shouted again. Ah, thanksgiving, where I suddenly become my mom's personal assistant.

"Yes?"

"Take all of this food to the table."

"By myself?"

Yixing peeked his head into the kitchen, "Can I help with anything?"

"You can help me take this food to the table."

"CJ, no, he is our guest."

"I don't mind," Yixing helped me carry the food to the table.

"It smells good," Luhan came through the door with Victoria. We were only missing one person now. I still wasn't even sure if Tao was coming or not.

I sat at the table in between Sehun and Victoria.

My mom checked her watch, "Well, it's six, I guess everyone can start eating," She looked at me. I shrugged.

"Thank you for having us Ms. Choi," Victoria said.

"Of course," my mom smiled.

Luhan started eating. I looked at him, "You have to wait for the adults to start eating first."

"Whatever," he continued to eat.

"Luhan, have some manners," I'd never heard Sehun stand up to Luhan because of his rude attitude, but I was glad he did, and I thought that he should more often.

Luhan rolled his eyes and stopped eating. He waited until every adult had started eating - including my extremely slow grandparents- and then started stuffing his face.

The doorbell rang, indicating that somebody had come in, "I'm so sorry for my tardiness, I had to run some errands."

"Why is he here?" Luhan asked me with a mouth full of turkey.

"Our mom invited him," Sehun answered.

Victoria grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear, "He's wearing normal clothes. Don't you think he looks so hot like that?"

I ignored her.

"No worries, I'm glad you could make it, please have a seat, Mr. Huang," My mom smiled.

He bowed his head respectfully, "Please, you can call me Zitao."

"Can I call you Zitao?" Victoria asked. Was she seriously flirting with him at the dinner table?

Tao ignored her and made himself a plate.

"Is this your new boyfriend, Nabi?" My grandma asked.