Chapter 6

On Monday morning I felt embarrassed to be bringing Mr. Huang a coffee, but I was for whatever reason.

"Can you help me with something?" My shoulder was grabbed and I probably smiled a little too big.

He smiled back at me as if he was also happy to see me then motioned me into his classroom.

"What do you need help with?"

"Come sit in your chair," I sat in my chair and he sat in his, He showed me his computer screen, "Which suit do you think I should get?"

"For what? Why are you asking me this?"

"For work, because I think you have good taste."

"Oh, well, I like the black one, but both of these are seriously expensive."

"I can afford them."

"Are you just trying to show off?"

"No, I just wanted to know which one you liked."

"All of your suits look the same."

"Ouch."

"I liked how you looked when you came to the bakery."

"You did? But I was just dressed normal."

"I liked it," I handed him the coffee, "This is for you."

"Did you drug it?"

"No, I was just trying to be nice."

"Oh," I think he felt a little bad for accusing me of that, "What flavor is it?"

"It's just coffee with vanilla creamer in it, nothing special."

He tasted it, "You work wonders."

"It's just coffee."

"A damn good cup of coffee."

"Let me look at this website," I took his computer so I could look through what other suits they had.

"It's hard to make suits look fashionable."

"I know the struggle. I hate wearing this stupid uniform," I raised my eyebrows, "But you don't really have to impress high school students."

"Well, except for you."

I laughed off his comment. I felt like I was actually going to explode at any second, and he was just staring at me, "Do you have to wear the jacket?"

"No."

"Maybe lose that, get yourself some nice khakis, maybe a vest."

"You want me to look like a nerd?"

"I think you'd look fine with just a button down and some khakis. You'd look less threatening and more easy going."

"Like a nerd."

"Shut up, I know what I'm talking about."

"Fine, add some to the cart," We added various khakis and button-down shirts to his shopping cart until the bell rang and I frantically moved to my desk. I was surprised when he didn't give me lunch detention for no reason today.